News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Gallery of Finished Projects

Started by gem, May 08, 2008, 03:28:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flidais

Wow everyone is making such wonderful things!!!
Here's the french hood I've been working on.

and side view

It still needs a veil and I'd like to make a coif with some pretty gold organza on the front edge so that the front edge of the hood doesn't disapear into my hair.  They are about the same color.

I think if you click on the pictures it will take you to my webshots to see a larger picture.  I think.

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

Very lovely fidlais.

Are going to add a string of pearls to the outer edge of the Hood? I wear mine with a snood. Dupioni Silk and Organza make wonderful drapes for Hoods.

Here's one for an emsemble I did for example. 
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

AnyuBoo

Here are some of the things I've finished. 
This one, the gown itself is not so new, but I just reworked the bodice for the 3rd time...it finally fits right.

This is my newest gown, just recently finished, and hasn't been worn to a Faire yet.

This is the first cloak I made.  It's wool, so I haven't worn it to a Faire, but I often wear it around Hallowe'en.

This is the lighter cloak I made after not being prepared for the cold at MIRF on Sept 30th, 2006.

And finally, hubby's black and silver outfit, finished last summer.  (Bonus points if you recognize the glyphs...which are beaded, btw.)

When everything seems to be coming your way...
...you're in the wrong lane!

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

Oh my!!!  What a striking couple you make!!! Dashing indeed!!!

DragonWing

;D wonderful, wonderful garb. You did good.
Dragon rider and mage,
(aka Vince)

Master James

Here is the latest garb my good wife made for us:

She has fully interchangable sleeves and forepart and has like 4 of them that make a totally different look each time!  Sadly my gorgeous cape is not viewable in this picture as I have had very few pictures taken of my from the back.   ;D
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

DonaCatalina

Woo Hoo!
I even love the colors.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

What a striking couple you two make Master James. The talent on this forum is awesome indeed.

flidais

Ta-Da!  French hood, pretty much done.  I say that because I'm never really done with a piece of garb.

And a pic of my salmon gown.  Wearable, but still has a few things that need to be tacked down and I really want a pretty girdle to wear with it, right here I'm just wearing my gold rope girdle.

I hopefully will get some better pictures of me in this, my camera is on the fritz and basically I'm just not all that hot at taking pictures of myself.  At least I don't have any vacant....hey what's that over there...stares going on.

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

Lovely French Hood fidlais!!!!!

Discovering the joys of Plastic canvas for using for French Hoods, they do seem to go nicer. Though the time for hand stitching them seems to get longer.

Here is one I finished today. I added a Drape to it.

Lady L

Lots of creative and lovely projects! :)

Here's the most recent garb I made, for R. This is Arabian, for Middle Eastern weekend at MNRF, which is opening weekend.
I used black linen for the bisht and natural color linen for the thobe and keffiyah. I did not make the agal. Learning a few words in Arabic, too. :)

Former Shop Owner at MNRF

flidais

Quote from: Lady Kathleen of Olmsted on June 19, 2008, 11:34:25 PM
Lovely French Hood fidlais!!!!!

Discovering the joys of Plastic canvas for using for French Hoods, they do seem to go nicer. Though the time for hand stitching them seems to get longer.

Here is one I finished today. I added a Drape to it.

Grammercy!!!
It's my first french hood.  Your work is always so wonderful Lady Kathleen! 
I've used plastic canvas for all the hats I've made.  It is wonderful stuff!

Mythrin

Beautiful new garb one and all!  I have enjoyed seeing the new types of garb and the new faces posting.  Huzzah
Chris
Founding member of the Living History Company

"go Secret Squirrels"

tigrlily64

Here's the skirt I made...

and the belt I braided (which is now loner and thinner after rebraiding)

Lady Anne Clare

This is my flat cap that I just finished adorning with the feathers and pearls.  This is the second one I made, the first one had....issues, lol
I love historical sewing for the lack of zippers ;)