News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2 for 1 tickets AT the gates?

Started by FortuneRose, September 02, 2009, 10:42:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FortuneRose

For opening weekend, does anyone recall if they sell the 2 for 1 tickets AT the gates on opening weekend or was that only if prepurchased online?  I'm doing my best to convince my hubby we NEEEEED to go opening weekend (for our wallets sake)   ;)

LLVW

FortuneRose

??? :'(

no one?

I am thinking yes, but wanted to be certain
LLVW

Imestra

Two years ago, the twofer was at the gate, not sure about this year....
We are all of us in the gutters, but some of us are lookin at the stars

Sigundo

I'm pretty sure it is NOW. I bought the combo tickets for both days, and got to the gates and they said, those are two for one as well (not double the entree, drink and frozen treat, but still) DOH, there went 5 tickets at 22.50 a smack. Live and learn, but oh well, we still had fun...  won't be an issue so much next time, as we'll go later in the season when its cooler.

Only couple of down points for us so far for the ORF is 1) they need to take a hint from the Highland Festival and put that black cloth over the seating area for the exposed shows (like the joust), as it IS really 20 degrees cooler in the shade. It doesn't stop rain, but sure keeps the sun at bay and 2) really those parking fees oughta cover the entire day. We had to take our youngest daughter back to the hotel as she wasn't feeling well and on the way back I read the parking pass where it said it didn't cover returns on the same day.. they let us back in anyway, but still...

Otherwise, it was a great time. Somebody passed out during the pirate show, I'm thinking from the heat, but I sure hope she's ok. Lotsa nice folk out there and was nice to meet Sir Jim and Ragna, and we MIGHT have seen Amy and her daughter as we were turning south to find the Wilmington pizza hut (two ladies in plaid dresses were heading into the hotel, but with my eyes it coulda been anybody in red plaid)   ::)
I clicked "change profile" but it still looks as bad as it did before! Please fix!