News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Bag, Satchel, Pack?

Started by chainsmith, September 05, 2009, 09:27:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chainsmith

Ok, I need some help finding something not to expensive or a pattern for a bag or satchel for a guy. I am currently seeking a largeish bag to carry my stuff in. Right now I don't have to complex an outfit, a nice threads of time white shirt with embroidery on the shoulders, black pants similar to their rogue pants, belt, moc boots (not the nice ones at faire but passable for now) and a nice hat. I usually drag a messenger bag with me to faire to hold my camera and other items that i collect as the day goes on. I am in search of something similar in a larger volume than a belt pouch to carry said items. Figure something cloak sized at maximum. Has anyone had any luck finding something decent for this purpose?

Thanks in advance. Chainsmith

LadyShadow

I havent seen anything.  But I would best bet to draft something.  Or get a piece of fabric and tie it just so that it would work with out letting anything out.
May the stars always shine upon you and yours.

Royal Order of Landsharks Guppy # 98 :)

gem

This doesn't fit the "not too expensive" bill, but you might find some ideas at Native Earth.

Lady Kett

I bought one of these this weekend. One big storage space with a small pocket in the inside and one on the outside. The strap is adjustable. I would think for those of you with sewing talent, a hand-drafted pattern would be relatively easy to come up with.

http://www.moresca.com/product_info.php?products_id=92

sealion

If you are willing and able to make it yourself (or know someone who will make it for you) google "pilgrim bag" for instructions for what is essentially a medeival messenger bag.
Cindy/Ciana Leonardi di Firenze/Captain Cin