News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Okahoma Scottish Festival

Started by Lady Rebecca, September 05, 2009, 12:14:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Rebecca

My school is planning a day trip to the Oklahoma Scottish Festival in Tulsa on Sept 19th. Does anyone know anything about this? Is it something people wear garb to, or is it strictly a "watch men in kilts play bagpipes and do highland games" type deal?

Craigmeister

It is mostly a viewing & listening event.  It isn't all men in kilts though.  There are some women in the pipe bands and women in the Scottish Games, heaving heavy items around the field.  There are modern bands that mix in some Scottish sounds as well.  Those bands play into the night.  If you're looking for bargains, they have great prices on swords & other weapons.

Lots of people take their dogs as well.  My eyes are always on the lookout for an Irish Setter.  I had 3 of those growing up.
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.