News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Photos - Labor Day weekend

Started by Xanthenes The Unbalanced, September 05, 2009, 11:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xanthenes The Unbalanced

Here's a few from Saturday.  Assuming my back is willing, I'll be bugging the hell out of people again tomorrow.   :)

(This space for rent)

Xanthenes The Unbalanced

(This space for rent)

Xanthenes The Unbalanced

Okay, eight is all I can process tonight.  Must get some sleep if I have any hope of returning tomorrow.  The second shot is the inside of the castle during the Smoker.  By that point, shooting the ceiling is all my back could muster.

(This space for rent)

Ambios

Beatiful work, Xanthenes.  My favorite so far is the one of my dear friend Madge (your Elizabeth Gloriana) grinning ear to ear because she's astride a beautiful grey! (I know how much she loves riding...when she gets a rare chance)
William Parr, KG
Marquess of Northampton
7th Earl of Essex
RMG# 520
IBRSC# 1214
God Save My Sis...(oops) The Queen

Jon Foster

Xanthenes The Unbalanced

Quote from: Jon Foster on September 06, 2009, 10:40:30 PM
Excellent shots!

Jon.

Thanks, Jon!  It was really nice finally meeting you today.  Let me know how much you love that 70-200 IS when it hits your door.
(This space for rent)

Xanthenes The Unbalanced

Quote from: Ambios on September 06, 2009, 02:59:17 PM
Beatiful work, Xanthenes.  My favorite so far is the one of my dear friend Madge (your Elizabeth Gloriana) grinning ear to ear because she's astride a beautiful grey! (I know how much she loves riding...when she gets a rare chance)

Thank you, Ambios!  I'm now convinced that it simply is not possible to take a bad picture of her.  Beauty, grace, bearing.  She's very camera friendly.
(This space for rent)

LadyAnn

"Castleteer"
"Buccaneer Anne Campbell"  ~ "Sailing Master of the Relentless"
"Stitch'n M'Crack"

Jon Foster

Quote from: Xanthenes The Unbalanced on September 06, 2009, 11:21:57 PM
Excellent shots!

Jon.

Thanks, Jon!  It was really nice finally meeting you today.  Let me know how much you love that 70-200 IS when it hits your door.

Man, you have no idea how hard it is waiting for it. But it's on the truck!

I was looking at shots I took this weekend. Most shots taken with the 28-135 IS USM are ok and usable. Any shots taken with the 75-300 IS USM beyond 200mm are trash. Honestly, the only decent shots from that lens are at 75mm. And there weren't many...

Jon.

Xanthenes The Unbalanced

Quote from: Jon Foster on September 08, 2009, 06:17:11 PM
Quote from: Xanthenes The Unbalanced on September 06, 2009, 11:21:57 PM
Excellent shots!

Jon.

Man, you have no idea how hard it is waiting for it. But it's on the truck!

I was looking at shots I took this weekend. Most shots taken with the 28-135 IS USM are ok and usable. Any shots taken with the 75-300 IS USM beyond 200mm are trash. Honestly, the only decent shots from that lens are at 75mm. And there weren't many...

Jon.

Sounds like how I started looking at shots on my old 28-300 after I shot a friends Canon 70-200.  And then I got my own 70-200 and immediately gave the 28-300 (which is handy, but is also utter crap) to my sister.

Now I just have to find a way to hijack that FedEx truck....   :)
(This space for rent)

Poldugarian Warrior

Those pics of the ladies very good. You make them look like renaissance models. And the other pics capture the action and excitement of faire. Thanks for sharing.

Xanthenes The Unbalanced

Quote from: Poldugarian Warrior on September 08, 2009, 07:23:09 PM
Those pics of the ladies very good. You make them look like renaissance models. And the other pics capture the action and excitement of faire. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks!  To be fair, I was shooting three very attractive ladies.  That makes the job a heck of a lot easier.  I mean, Photoshop is a wonderful tool, but it doesn't often turn miracles.   

Well, it *does*, but in this case it didn't have to.   :)
(This space for rent)

Eric of Lyon

Excellent photos, Xanthenes.  Excellent!
Fare thee Well.
-Eric of Lyon

gypsyqueenie

Stunning absolutely beautiful indeed
Admiral Morgan Ramirez MD
Pirate Lord of Lake Huron
Brethren of the Great Lakes Inc
Michigan Pirate Festival
etc

flidais

Very nice pics!!!!  I love faire pics.....gets me threw from one weekend to the next.

Anna Iram

You do indeed have a knack with the camera Xanthenes. Always enjoy your pics. :)

Jon Foster

Quote from: flidais on September 10, 2009, 02:19:35 PM
Very nice pics!!!!  I love faire pics.....gets me threw from one weekend to the next.

Faires are one of the best places to get excellent photos.

Jon.

Xanthenes The Unbalanced

Quote from: Anna Iram on September 10, 2009, 07:48:14 PM
You do indeed have a knack with the camera Xanthenes. Always enjoy your pics. :)

Thank you, Anna.  It's certainly my favorite event of the year to shoot.
(This space for rent)

DuchessOfHoundshire

Amazing photos!! I do have a question regarding the last one-the "squire" and dog.  I would love to get a copy for Craig (the human).  In case you were wondering why, I was the host of the show and good friends with Craig.  Could we manage that perchance?

Thanks for sharing the pics...you really are gifted.

Xanthenes The Unbalanced

Quote from: DuchessOfHoundshire on September 18, 2009, 10:49:16 PM
Amazing photos!! I do have a question regarding the last one-the "squire" and dog.  I would love to get a copy for Craig (the human).  In case you were wondering why, I was the host of the show and good friends with Craig.  Could we manage that perchance?

Thanks for sharing the pics...you really are gifted.

Thank you!  Yes, you certainly may.  Could you send me a PM here with an email address you'd like it sent to?  If your email can handle large enough attachments, I'll send along the full resolution version (it's a 21 megapixel camera, so the file sizes tend to be rather large).
(This space for rent)

Ladyfair

Love your pics dude......makes me feel like I am walking the grounds!!
Lady Penny Clan Sutcliff - MI Chieftess
2013 Penny family Gathering Sept 7-8
Ren Vet
IWG Wench #3523