News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

RF members meeting at the Faire

Started by Gauwyn of Bracknell, August 24, 2009, 11:46:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gauwyn of Bracknell

We attended Minnesota last weekend and all the RF'ers met at a mead booth everyday at 10:00.

Anything like this take place here?  We will be visiting on opening weekend.
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Butch

I'll be there opening weekend; Sun 6 Sep.  I'm new to the RF board.  I'd love to meet up w/the community!  My family and I have a Living History Tour scheduled for 1030, so probably after that; possibly 1130?  or noon?

Gauwyn of Bracknell

I am not familiar with this faire, it will be our first time to visit.  Maybe some forum members and faire goers can chime in here with a place to meet.
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Cormac

I'll be there Sunday of opening weekend with my first born and whoever she drags along.  I'll be sporting my R/F pin and a green kilt so feel free to say hello if you see me about.

Butch

I'll be in a plain blue doublet, white canvas slops, orange stockings, black shoes and a blue thrum cap.

My son will be in a dark green doublet with buff/gold trim, mauve trousers, green stockings, black shoes, and a green flat cap w/2 pheasant feathers.

My dau will be in a dark grey paire of bodys (corset) w/mauve trim, a mauve skirt, an apron, and a white coif.

Say hello to us!  Our faire name is "l'Honnete" from Calais!  

Gimme a time and a place to meet!  I'd love to put faces with names!

kcdcchef

i am not in until october, but i totally want to do a meet up with the forumers who participate in the kansas city forum. anyone want to do a meet up at the fountain that weekend??

Gauwyn of Bracknell

We will be at the faire this coming weekend, meeting with some folks from Colorado.  This is our first travel here, so if any one of the 'regulars' want to suggest a meeting place and time, that would be great.
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

kcdcchef

Quote from: Gauwyn of Brocknell on August 30, 2009, 07:29:54 PM
We will be at the faire this coming weekend, meeting with some folks from Colorado.  This is our first travel here, so if any one of the 'regulars' want to suggest a meeting place and time, that would be great.

well, if i could suggest a meeting spot, i would totally reccomend meeting at the jousting field. not too far from the gate, about 200 feet to the left, and rather deserted early on in the day.

i welcome seeing your comments. i think we are all partial to our home faires. when talking with other rennies on here, i can mix it up debating maryland faire, pennsylvania faire, new york faire, etc, because even though i frequent them, i dont have a "dog in the fight". so i am curious to hear outsiders views of our little shire. we are all proud of it, and attendance wise it always does well compared to the "big boys".
have a ball, and if i can make a suggestion or two, dont miss human chess, remarkable job they do with it, bring a camera, our landscaping is amazing, and eat a crepe. all faires have crepes. our dessert ones are pretty damn good though!!

have fun!

Butch

OK, to make it easy, how about noon on Sunday at the jousting field?

Norfolk

The Baroness and I will be delighted to attend.
Just call me "Your Grace"

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Brother Gregory

Wish I could but I'll be there on Saturday of opening weekend and not on Sunday.

Gauwyn of Bracknell

In Minnesota we met at a particular mead both - is there a specific part of the joust area (some are somwhat large)?
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

TKM

i would imagine just in front... there's only one large clearing to stand in near the arena, the rest of the vicinity are shops and bleachers. i would join everyone on sunday, but i believe i'll only be able to make it saturday... monday is a possibilty but i doubt sunday.

kcdcchef

Quote from: Gauwyn of Brocknell on August 31, 2009, 05:19:48 PM
In Minnesota we met at a particular mead both - is there a specific part of the joust area (some are somwhat large)?

i was reccomending joust arena because at the foot of the jousting arena, there is signage saying you are at the downs, kind of almost the high point of the faire, as in, the highest point. so gives you a good vantage point to look around. also that end is an open end, beceause there is seating on both sides and then the gates at the far end. so, i based my reccomendation on that.