News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Other Royalty?

Started by Thumper, September 08, 2009, 10:01:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pipere

Well Severus if you're really interested in the idea then go to Michigan Renaissance Festival Cast Auditions! They're being held on Sunday March 14th, at Varner Hall at Oakland University from 12-3. If you're terribly keen, then you can pitch your idea of becoming part of our horrible family!
Margraffin Katya Ghuttzout- Vulgarian overlady
Balquis al-Quasim- Turkish assassin
& the lazy college student Jeni

Poldugarian Warrior

Wow, that seems early for auditions, but before you know it it'll be faire season. And acting is quite a tough job. And I can say that because I played 5 parts in a high school play of A Christmas Carol, and ran lighting for the play Grease. Both, are more challenging that one thinks. Memorizing lines is the toughest, and then ad-libing when someone or yourself forgets. Good Luck to one and all.

BLAKDUKE

I have no dog in this hunt, so I will not weigh in on it.   I have had only 3 occasions where royalty has showed up as royalty.  Two were visiting Kings from other faires that I had invited to promote their faires.  One wore a crown and the other did not.  I did not have a problem either way.  The other was a guy in an actual Burger King outfit.  That one bugged me, so I did the the polite thing, I sic'd Captain Jack Sparrow and all the pirates we could muster on him.  He did not have time to interfere and I think he got the message and left.   However my point in posting is that early in this thread there was a mention of an invite to all of the Royals of all of the faires for a gathering in a sort of "Field of the Cloth of Gold"  type of event at some faire this year.  Has anyone moved forward on that and tried to set that up????   I think it would an interesting event.   
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

Captain Cornelius Howard Duckman

As far as I know, Mayfaire is still working on that.

BLAKDUKE

Quote from: Captain Cornelius Howard Duckman on March 10, 2010, 12:52:56 AM
As far as I know, Mayfaire is still working on that.

Would you send send me any link to the chief cook and bottle washer for that??????
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

Captain Cornelius Howard Duckman

http://www.mayfaireren.com/  contact info should be on there somewhere. :)