News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

HDR Photography

Started by DeadBishop, September 08, 2009, 12:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeadBishop

Honestly, the wikipedia entry that I linked in my first post explains the process better than I ever could in my own words.  It even shows an example of an image using 4 different exposures to get to the final image.

R/F.com member since 2003

bellevivre

Let me know if you get prints on your Etsy site? I think my craft room needs a few ='D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Belle the Kat

Clan Procrastination's Ambassador to the Seelie & UnSeelie Courts

Rani Zemirah

Quote from: Deadbishop on September 13, 2009, 12:56:33 AM
Honestly, the wikipedia entry that I linked in my first post explains the process better than I ever could in my own words.  It even shows an example of an image using 4 different exposures to get to the final image.

Ok, sorry...  :-[  I tend to get a little over-enthusiastic once my curiosity has been roused, and I wanna ask all the questions that are running through my head all at once.  I'll just go read up on it...  :)  Thanks for threading the topic!!!
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

DeadBishop

Here's a few more HDR pics form this weekend!

DeadBishop

A few from 4th and 5th weekends of MNRF....

Xanthenes The Unbalanced

Nice shots, DB.  Out of curiosity, how early are you arriving to get shots that aren't completely flooded with visitors?
(This space for rent)

Lord Dragonspyre

Corrupting Impressionable Youths Since 1976.

IBRSC#1475, RMG#820, IFRP#1276
Horseman of Debauchery

renfairephotog

Quote from: Xanthenes The Unbalanced on September 23, 2009, 11:04:37 AM
Nice shots, DB.  Out of curiosity, how early are you arriving to get shots that aren't completely flooded with visitors?
He works there so he in before Gate.
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

DeadBishop

Quote from: renfairephotog on September 23, 2009, 10:43:32 PM
Quote from: Xanthenes The Unbalanced on September 23, 2009, 11:04:37 AM
Nice shots, DB.  Out of curiosity, how early are you arriving to get shots that aren't completely flooded with visitors?
He works there so he in before Gate.

Yep, I get these shots either before they let people in, or after they shut down.  A few of the shots have been during open hours (and you can see ghostly images of people in some of them), but I enjoy my quiet strolls through the fest grounds all by myself before opening canon.  Nothing like having the place all to myself... :)

DeadBishop

A few more with people in them!

Foaming Stein

THE Mead Booth

Tammy

DB, I am in awe of these shots!! You make faire even more magical...if that's even possible!!
Royal Protector of Raccoons, Mistress of the Poi, Best Friend of Windland/Nim, Guppy, Seamstress for The Feisty Lady.

bellevivre

I agree- it's as if, through this lens, Faire actually LOOKS the way I know I (and I think many Rennies) see it in their mind's eye- a magical, vibrant landscape...

It's not just the HDR techniquie, because there are many ways to adjust the levels- it's ARTISTRY and TALENT, and you have it in spades.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Belle the Kat

Clan Procrastination's Ambassador to the Seelie & UnSeelie Courts

Mandrake Von Sets

Quote from: renfairephotog on September 08, 2009, 11:34:33 PM
There are many programs that can process HDR. One is Photomatix

here's their Tutorial

Another is Hydra for Aperture users.
Wil

Rani Zemirah

I know a bit about levels in CS, and switching modes before tweaking, but it was the multiple image part that threw me at first.  I wish I could afford new software, but maybe I can play around with it in CS and stumble upon something vaguely similar. 

Or...  not.  LOL 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Anna Iram

Quote from: bellevivre on September 25, 2009, 09:55:59 AM
I agree- it's as if, through this lens, Faire actually LOOKS the way I know I (and I think many Rennies) see it in their mind's eye- a magical, vibrant landscape...

It's not just the HDR techniquie, because there are many ways to adjust the levels- it's ARTISTRY and TALENT, and you have it in spades.

Agreed! ...as for the mind's eye..the last shot just above of the little thatched cottage and the flower lined pathway...pretty sure Anna would love to live there. :)