News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

CRF 2009: You'll be there when?

Started by Hibernian, September 08, 2009, 08:54:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rani Zemirah

I know... I'd love to hang with you, and see some of that amazing countryside, as well as visit CRF (which, from the website, sounds pretty awesome itself!!!), and I'd love to check out the Lake Norman area also, particularly since I actually recently met someone who has a 115 acre horse farm in the area!

Not to mention all of the amazing R/Fer's I'd finally get to meet!!!  

Anyone care to sponsor an itinerant Gypsy for a weekend?  Oh, and her adorable renlet, also...  :D  
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

Quote from: Rani Zemirah on September 21, 2009, 02:30:57 AM
I know... I'd love to hang with you, and see some of that amazing countryside, as well as visit CRF (which, from the website, sounds pretty awesome itself!!!), and I'd love to check out the Lake Norman area also, particularly since I actually recently met someone who has a 115 acre horse farm in the area!

I would love to meet that person and see their farm!  Hope you can make it to CRF, I may be a bit biased but after PARF, I think we have one of the fyner faires around!
"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."

Rani Zemirah

Quote from: Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia on September 21, 2009, 09:11:34 AM
Quote from: Rani Zemirah on September 21, 2009, 02:30:57 AM

I would love to meet that person and see their farm!  Hope you can make it to CRF, I may be a bit biased but after PARF, I think we have one of the fyner faires around!

Lady Mikayla, your Faire does sound absolutely lovely, and I also hope that someday I'll get to visit you all there!  It would be my pleasure to meet so many of the wonderfully welcoming folk who have made me feel so very much at home here on R/F for the last year (and a bit).  :)

My new friend with the horse farm lives somewhere in the Lake Norman area, but I'm not certain where, exactly, although I'd love to see it as well!!!  He makes it sound quite magical...
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

With over 500 miles of coastline... he could be anywhere! 

Rani Zemirah

I've been looking at the website for the area, and it does seem to be incredibly lovely, but yes, there are lots of little towns around the area!  I'm not sure exactly where his place is, but it sounds like a really beautiful area to visit. 

Fairhaven itself also looks magical, and there seems to be a wealth of family friendly activities there, as well as a marketplace that looks like it could break me rather quickly!!!  :D  Maybe next season I'll be able to afford the trip out there, and my daughter is already suggesting ways we can save for it!  LOL

I know you'll all have a wonderful time this year, though, and I look forward to seeing the photos!!!
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Tammy

It would be an honor to get to meet you Rani!! I SO hope you can make it next year!
Royal Protector of Raccoons, Mistress of the Poi, Best Friend of Windland/Nim, Guppy, Seamstress for The Feisty Lady.

Rani Zemirah

Oh, Tammy... I would be the honored one, I assure you!!!  I hope so, to!  I've already resolved to cut out a small, but regular, luxury expense from today on, just so I'll have that extra to put in the CRF fund jar...  :)  We'll get there one way or another! 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Raibeart OShea

Raibeart O'Shea and family (and friends) will be there in some capacity every weekend.

Much to my eternal joy.  I love CRF.

OH!  Hey, if anyone has GARF, Memorial Day pics, I'd like a link to them.  :D
Latha math dhuibh.
Raibeart O'Shea
HomeFaire: CRF
Attended: NCRF 09, GARF 09, 10
Plans to attend: Them ALL.

Femme Falchion

Quote from: Lady Jai on September 15, 2009, 08:04:59 PM
Should be the weekend of Nov 14 & 15.  Can't due family weekend this year. 

Femme Falcone we would love for you to come that weekend.

Lady Jai....I will make every effort to be there on the 14th.  I've been doing my best to keep all the weekends in November open!   :D

Dallan....can't help but hope you youngest decides to throw a game or two so you can make CRF this year.  ;)

I hate not making opening weekend (we'll be on our way to Saint George's Island) but I've booked lodgings for closing weekend! Yipee! 

Lady M, you'll wait for me, won't you?   ;)
Domina Virago
Grand Mistress of the Order of the Hatchet
Mother Confessor
Sister of the Spring Fires

Quote from: Femme Falchion on September 25, 2009, 10:48:18 AM
Quote from: Lady Jai on September 15, 2009, 08:04:59 PM
Should be the weekend of Nov 14 & 15.  Can't due family weekend this year. 

Femme Falcone we would love for you to come that weekend.

Lady M, you'll wait for me, won't you?   ;)

Well...I guess... for a lil while!  ;)

Hibernian

It was a dangerous mission, but my compliments to High'n and his lovely who visited the Galway Hooker to make sure we were good for Invasion Friday and Saturday nights. 

They tasted the adult beverages, sampled the food and spoke with the Management. We have been assured that the center table will once again be ours for invasion weekend. A second line of tables along the front wall, still within earshot of the main table but a wee bit quieter (depending upon who is sitting there) has also been secured. Management has also been warned to order kegs of Guinness!

So make your plans now to have dinner with friends at the Hooker that final weekend!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin badges!"

Scotsman

REALLY? They are gonna let us back???

Oh, I get it ... you told them I wouldn't be there!!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Hibernian

Quote from: Scotsman on September 28, 2009, 10:54:07 AM
REALLY? They are gonna let us back???

Oh, I get it ... you told them I wouldn't be there!!

Oh they understand you'll be there;
I hope you understand the muzzle they sent over for you.  :D
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin badges!"

Scotsman

I guess the $200 bar tabs help to get me back  ;D
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Wildhighlander

Scotsman,
It's not the bar tab, as you don't pay it, it your entertainment value that lets them let you back in.
Married, Wildhighlandlass
Cruse Director, Clan O'Neal/Clan McCrack