News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

'Twas the night before Faire

Started by DonaCatalina, May 22, 2008, 04:19:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonaCatalina

Our Home Faire is about 1 hour and 20 minutes from where we live,
so we drive from home on Saturday morning.

But we don't go out or plan anything for Friday night before because we're too busy packing the car and going over the list to make sure we don't forget anything.

Do you pack/load the night before?
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

sealion

I get everything but the cooler packed and set by the back door on Friday night then try to stay out of earshot on Saturday morning while DH tries to cram everything in the trunk.  ::)
Cindy/Ciana Leonardi di Firenze/Captain Cin

Dayna

No, the day before, since at least 1/2 the time I'm driving 6 hours one way, meaning I leave early afternoon Friday in order to be well-rested for opening gate.

Dayna
Dayna Thomas
Nixie's Mom
Bristol FoF Hench
Education Goddess...yeah, right
FoF Merchant Liason/Merchandizing Maven

Seryn

It always depends.  Sometimes we leave early Friday and so we pack the car up on Thursday night (or leave early Saturday and pack the car up Friday night).  Other times we have to wait to leave until after work/school (when we were in school) and we were carpooling, so we threw all our things into the car and left at midnight Friday lol
Seryn
Gndecent Gnomie
Master Baiter on the HSI
Seryn of Chaos

Lord Finger

The night before Faire I stay out late and drink responsibly, then come home and drink irresponsibly, so I can be on my best behavior the next morning. I have a 40 minute drive and I travel light so no worries there.

Lady Ann of Draycott

Well, it depends on which faire we are going to and whether we are just going for the day, staying in a hotel, motel or with friends or if we are camping!

This weekend we are going to Scarby and staying in a motel, so tonight will be spent packing everything up and putting by the front door so it's ready to go.  Then, tomorrow we will load everything up into the truck and drive 3-1/2 hours to Waxahachie where we will be meeting up with Teach and Trinn at the motel and who knows what we will do after that!  ;)

When camping at TRF we start packing the weekend before and finish up the night before by putting the rest of our stuff in the truck and driving up to Plantersville. Then time is spent putting up the tent, putting all our gear away and visiting with friends.  ;D

If we are just going to TRF for the day we get our stuff ready the night before so all we have to do is get in the truck Saturday morning and go! 

Collector of Wine and Roses
Clan McLotofus Elder
Landshark No. 96

eloquentXI

It's a little over an hour to Scarborough, so I make sure all of my garb and things are ready when I get home from being out/before I go to bed on Friday night.
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

maelstrom0370

My home fair is MiRF and we camp for the weekend.  Can't really call it "camping" anymore as last year we started taking a motor home!  :P
I usually take Thursday thru Tuesday off for Opening Weekend.  Drive 3 hours downstate to my parents (who watch the baby), pack the motor home up Thursday night/Friday morning.  Head out Friday afternoon, get to the camp site early friday evening, set up "camp", drink, eat and be merry!!
Hit the gates Saturday morning!!

GirlChris

For me, the first faire of the season is in a week.

I've been packed for a month.

I'm not overly excited. Nope. Never.

Captain Kilian

Tonight (thursday) we will pack the and sort the garb and mundanes for the trip and leave it in the 'loading zone" (a.k.a. the living room floor)...in the morning (Friday) I will pack the car while the wife gets herself up and functioning, then we drive, stay the night, and hardly sleep in anticipation of Saturday morning!!!

That's for scarby...for TRF, sometimes I have the car packed before, it all depends on how much time we can get off.

"I'd like to thank all the little people...that just never saw it coming." - Me
Royal Order of the Landshark, Guppy 14

cowgrrl

I try to but it never works out that way.  Usually I try & have the kids pack the snacks the night before & get their clothes picked out & all that but more often than not I'm trying to get everything to fit in the 'Magic Elephant Bag' from Gypsy Wings while DH is saying 'We need to leave in 5 minutes if we're going to make opening cannon!'. 

I do, however, obsessively plan the days each weekend we're at Faire.  I've got the final weekend totally planned out so we can visit all our favorites & get in all the shopping we need.  When we visit CRF in a few months I will have a plan from gate opening to closing.  I must have a plan. 

Ottheinrich

No, we pack 5 mins before we leave and while we are on the road we always remember some thing we forgot and we just have to do without unless it was the FoF passes :o

Lavender

Quote from: Ottheinrich on May 23, 2008, 08:09:48 AM
No, we pack 5 mins before we leave and while we are on the road we always remember some thing we forgot and we just have to do without unless it was the FoF passes :o

I do the samething.  It's why I have a dozen mugs.
IWG #3440
Landshark #19

raevyncait

I try to pack the car the night before I leave, except for the stuff I'm using in the morning.  This time around though, it didn't happen until about 4:00 this morning, when I got up extra early to get it done.  A lot of stuff stays in the car (belt, pouches, shoes) in between times, that way I'm less likely to forget something important.
Raevyn
IWG 3450
The ORIGINAL Pipe Wench
Wench @ Large #2
Resident Scottish Gypsy
Royal Aromatherapist

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

I'm only like 30 mins. from MDRF, how lucky? Start putting out clothes on thurs., double check on fri. get bag ready, out the door sat. am, I'm so excited already. :D
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples