News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

'Twas the night before Faire

Started by DonaCatalina, May 22, 2008, 04:19:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonaCatalina

We went to closing weekend of Middlefaire. I have started to think of that as a practice run for TRF.
Like, Oh Fresca, I forgot to fix the frayed stitching on that pouch!
Six months is a little too long between faires. You get out of the habit of remmebering everything that needs to be gathered and fixed, cleaned, etc.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Mairte

We always load up the night before and are on the road by 6 am (our faire is about an hour and a half away as well). We stop off at a little place in Jordan for breakfast and then on to the faire! :)
I am not a morning person, soooooo....the best I can do is get dressed before I collapse again in the vehicle. ;D

Capt Robertsgrave Thighbiter

Night before - Oh God...

1) round up all instruments and cases, lay them out

2) round up all sound equipment and lay that out

3) round up all the garb and lay that out

4) Check airline connections and make sure that the flyee knows WHAT TIME THE FLIGHT IS!

5) load the Hellion with sound equipment and garb, but not instruments, the night before

6) Morning of - load instruments, black powder and road eaties;  got to airport and pick up flyee

7) Raise the masts on the Hellion

8) Drive, drive drive..... up to 12 hours for some Faires.
If the rum's gone, so is the fun
*images and URLs not allowed in signatures* -Admin
Party like it's 1724

DonaCatalina

So how many people are in panic mode because Sherwood is 3 weeks from opening?
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Merlin the Elder

THREE WEEKS?!?!? ARE YOU SURE?!?!?

Dang! It IS getting close! Guess I'd better polish my wand...

HEY! Get your mind out of the gutter!!
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

robert of armstrong

Our routine starts usually on the Tuesday or Wednesday before heading to Faire, finding, locating and gathering garb and equipment required for the magical trip.  Try to have everything we need for a weekend away for m'lady and I, as well as everything we need for the two little ones, loaded in the truck by Thursday, and kept in the garage.  Friday morn, load the snacks, picnic lunch, drinks and toys required for the now 5-6 hour trip (used to be around 4 hours, but now a stop for a meal and run around burn off energy time is required) to either of Sterling, Great Lakes or Michigan. Gather the caravan of vehicles (depending on the number of people making the pilgrimage) and head out on the highway.

Get to the hotel/motel, check in, figure where we are going to eat dinner, get the little ones to bed (ever try to convince an excited two year old to go to sleep in a hotel room when you aren't going to bed yet?).

Next morning, heard the cats into their cars , get to Faire for opening and hope that the ale or cider is ready to flow somewhere.
Always on the lookout for my next noble cause.

And because a flail don't need reloading, that's why.