News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Am I the only one...

Started by Zoë, September 09, 2009, 10:46:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoë

...who caught a crud this weekend?  I came down with a sore throat on Sunday night that continued into Monday, and now I've got a full-blown sinus cold thing going on.  I don't think I shared a mug or anything with anybody on Monday, but just in case...watch out.  I know I definitely did on Saturday, so...still watch out.  Apologies in advance if I'm the spreader of this year's ren crud.   :-[
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Francisco Paula

Just blame Captain Spleen, he is used to it.

will paisley

Quote from: Zoë on September 09, 2009, 10:46:23 AM
...who caught a crud this weekend?  I came down with a sore throat on Sunday night that continued into Monday, and now I've got a full-blown sinus cold thing going on.  I don't think I shared a mug or anything with anybody on Monday, but just in case...watch out.  I know I definitely did on Saturday, so...still watch out.  Apologies in advance if I'm the spreader of this year's ren crud.   :-[

There was some talk of this over on FB - a few others have come down with something as well.  Given that most of us spent three days running full tilt with little sleep, in association with about 20,000 strangers or so, it's not unexpected.
Minstrel, Interrupted, Bard #400 (CD)
Faire Name: "Flo's Husband"
Yeoman-Purser of the Frigate Up Royally

Blue66669

You know, we had a thread last year called the Sickie Roll Call. I think we determined that MOLDEN was Patient Zero. And you know, with all the kissing and hugging and drinking after random rennies, it's a wonder that we're not all seriously infected with ebola!!!

Here's to the RenDezFLU!!!!
Blaidd Drwg

Zoë

Quote from: will paisley on September 09, 2009, 10:57:29 AM
Quote from: Zoë on September 09, 2009, 10:46:23 AM
...who caught a crud this weekend?  I came down with a sore throat on Sunday night that continued into Monday, and now I've got a full-blown sinus cold thing going on.  I don't think I shared a mug or anything with anybody on Monday, but just in case...watch out.  I know I definitely did on Saturday, so...still watch out.  Apologies in advance if I'm the spreader of this year's ren crud.   :-[

There was some talk of this over on FB - a few others have come down with something as well.  Given that most of us spent three days running full tilt with little sleep, in association with about 20,000 strangers or so, it's not unexpected.

No doubt.  Add that to the people who were traveling on planes (like myself) before they even got there, and it's no wonder.
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Amras Elfwine

I had the same symptoms on Monday, missed work yesterday, and feel much better today...Hope you are feelin' better soon...
R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

"Who are you callin' plushy??" ~ Todd the Squirrel

LadySeasan

I had a mild sinus thing going on after the fair, but I am better now :)
Clan M'Crack-Season M'Crack

William of Ware

Hope your feeling better and get well fast!    my allergies were bothering me a little this weekend, but nothing out of the ordinary.   With the start of fall allergy season,and the dust and wet summer, I wolder what the mold count was around the faire grounds?
William of Ware
Ren Merc 616
6JR81  Jolly Roger DX Group

Seamus Ex Machina

I had a minor sore throat on Monday night.  I attributed it to long days, lots of activity, not enough sleep, singing with intent to out-loud Molden,  and passing flasks around like a lab centrifuge.

I had a tot of rum and 9 hours of sleep.    I feel great.    8)

Who's ready for another go?
Legendary Hellraiser

CapnFayeCutler

*giggle*

RENdezflu strikes again!

Everyone who feels ill, lots of fluids and rest. Feel better!
Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE

RSLeask

Yep, caught it, too.  Hit me Tuesday.  Still got a wee bit of a sniffle going.
What's a Grecian Urn?  Are we talking union, or non-union?

Lupa

Same here for me... I just got a little bit of my voice back today, but still not 5 by 5.  Still... this would never deter me from wishing my friends well *HUGS & KISSES*!!!
Goddess of the Grove
DoRT
MDRF FoF Charter Member
IWG #3576
IFoRP #1360
FOKTOP Inquisitor
Cheer'n M'Crack

RSLeask

Umm, hate to tell you folks, but I just got called back into medical from my Tuesday visit.  Confirmed strep.  So if you're still feeling out of sorts, might wanna go to your doc and see if you need some mold pills.
What's a Grecian Urn?  Are we talking union, or non-union?

Blue66669

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Easy way to kill strep, if it is, indeed a non-threatening case of strep- gargle with a mouthfull of apple cider vinegar, then swallow. Repeat twice daily...

*or just booze it out, whichever one*
Blaidd Drwg

Scotsman

I have been peeing Smithwicks for 3 days now ... is this the same thing??

I also cut my arm and Guinness sprayed all over the place!

I hope this is cure-able!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?