News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Am I the only one...

Started by Zoë, September 09, 2009, 10:46:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RSLeask

Quote from: blue66669 on September 10, 2009, 10:42:27 AM
BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Easy way to kill strep, if it is, indeed a non-threatening case of strep- gargle with a mouthfull of apple cider vinegar, then swallow. Repeat twice daily...

*or just booze it out, whichever one*

hah, well, I got the pills so it don't much matter to me.  Besides, it gets me out of work for two days.  Another long weekend, yay!

Scotsman, there's only one cure for what you've got.  Guinness IV.
What's a Grecian Urn?  Are we talking union, or non-union?

Aiacha

Quote from: Scotsman on September 10, 2009, 10:49:31 AM
I have been peeing Smithwicks for 3 days now ... is this the same thing??

I also cut my arm and Guinness sprayed all over the place!

I hope this is cure-able!

why would you want to?  ;-)

Zoë

Quote from: RSLeask on September 10, 2009, 10:36:26 AM
Umm, hate to tell you folks, but I just got called back into medical from my Tuesday visit.  Confirmed strep.  So if you're still feeling out of sorts, might wanna go to your doc and see if you need some mold pills.

Mine is all sinus now, no more throat.  I'm a little more resistant to strep since I had my tonsils out, but I get sinus crap all the time.  Ugh it's making me want to die.  I can't decide if I want to go to the doctor yet, but it might be worth it to make sure I am not still sick when I go to the Santa Fe faire next weekend. 
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

WOW,I'm feeling like one of the most fortunate people ever, all that hugging and kissing and seeing everyone sick and I'm not feeling it.THANK GOD! I dodged this one!
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

Blue66669

My body is teeming with so many germs and bugs, none of em can stop fighting long enough to attack ME! It's fabulous, I tell you... fabulous...
Blaidd Drwg

Lord Dragonspyre

Quote from: blue66669 on September 10, 2009, 03:44:38 PMMy body is teeming with so many germs and bugs, none of em can stop fighting long enough to attack ME! It's fabulous, I tell you... fabulous...

Um... yeah... most people wouldn't admit to being infested...
Corrupting Impressionable Youths Since 1976.

IBRSC#1475, RMG#820, IFRP#1276
Horseman of Debauchery

Count Adolfo

I still have very little voice and my throat is scratchy.
This, despite lots of tea, lemon, honey, coffee, chicken broth and rest.
Rendezflu it is.

It's a good thing, though... because had I had my voice on Sunday night at the Festival Buffet, the waitress, who looked shell-shocked at the M'Crack toast as it was, would surely have had a burst eardrum

Blue66669

Quote from: Lord Dragonspyre on September 10, 2009, 11:24:46 PM
Quote from: blue66669 on September 10, 2009, 03:44:38 PMMy body is teeming with so many germs and bugs, none of em can stop fighting long enough to attack ME! It's fabulous, I tell you... fabulous...

Um... yeah... most people wouldn't admit to being infested...

*shrugs*

Meh, everyone is infested with something LOL...
Blaidd Drwg

Pinn

Chuck'n and I are getting over it now.
I.P.B.
IWG# 3681
Ette
ROL #101
FOKTOP

Zoë

Went to the clinic today and the Dr put me on amoxicilin pills the size of my thumb.  Oy.  Says I have sinusitis, not quite sure where the cough comes in on all that, but he's supposed to be the doctor.  'S long as I'm better by the time I make for Santa Fe next weekend...
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Count Adolfo

I'm beginning to feel like I need a day in the bacta tank

Rani Zemirah

So that's what I've got... Sympathy Crud!!!  I didn't even get to have the fun of RenDezvous...  :(

Zoe, the cough comes from all that gunk in your sinuses draining at night while you sleep, and seeping down the back of your throat (making it sore) and into your lungs.  I get a touch of bronchial pneumonia every time I have my Fall allergy attack (another reason I don't wanna live here).

Oh, wait... mine started a couple of days before RenDezvous... hmmmm...  ???
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Zoë

Quote from: Rani Zemirah on September 12, 2009, 04:11:19 AM

Zoe, the cough comes from all that gunk in your sinuses draining at night while you sleep, and seeping down the back of your throat (making it sore) and into your lungs.  I get a touch of bronchial pneumonia every time I have my Fall allergy attack (another reason I don't wanna live here).

Mm, that's just tasty, isn't it?
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Rani Zemirah

Yeah... and isn't it just exactly what you always wanted to know about your body?  LOL  

Biology is just soooo much fun...  ::)  :D
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Lord Dragonspyre

Quote from: Rani Zemirah on September 12, 2009, 04:11:19 AMZoe, the cough comes from all that gunk in your sinuses draining at night while you sleep, and seeping down the back of your throat (making it sore) and into your lungs.  I get a touch of bronchial pneumonia every time I have my Fall allergy attack (another reason I don't wanna live here).

Mmmm... anyone else feel like Egg Drop Soup now?
Corrupting Impressionable Youths Since 1976.

IBRSC#1475, RMG#820, IFRP#1276
Horseman of Debauchery