News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Colorado Tornado's

Started by Capt Gabriela Fullpepper, May 22, 2008, 05:04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Not to scare anyone, but just to show how Colorado weather is, we had a massive storm cell move through North Eastern Colorado this morning that brought tornados's that cause so far three deathes, and major damage to Winsdor which never gets tornado's. Laramie just 60 miles north West of ft Collins was also hit. The moutains are getting snow dumped on them. If Colorado gets tornado's it is usually east of Greeley towards Ft Morgan and Sterling and southwards towards Limon which is east of Denver.

I have a close GF who lives and works in Wins=dsor and I hope she is OK. I am sure she is, but I called her to check in on her.

This was not the "normal" kind of Colorado tornado as it was BIG and wide. Normally they are wispy and snake like and do not stay on the ground long. This one did

SO Looks like Colorado weather is starting off with a big bang. Beprepared for anything this faire season in Colorado.

Windsos is about 15 minutes east of where I live. And I almost took a job in Windsor in January. The tornado moved near that place.

Guess mother nature is looking out for me
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Seryn

I'm glad you're alright!  I know how scary the forces of nature can be, I hope there will be no more tornados like that.
Seryn
Gndecent Gnomie
Master Baiter on the HSI
Seryn of Chaos

Charlotte Rowan

I saw footage on the news this morning, and some of those houses were just devastated. I can't imagine how awful it would be to come home and find your house destroyed.

Glad you're ok, Lady D, and I hope your friend is okay too!
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Thanks for the concern of all those in Colorado and to me and friends.

I have not heard from her yet, but that doesn't mean anything bad. Cell service is jammed around windsor because of the tornado. I hope I hear from her by the weekend. Then again she may have left town and headed to the mountains to camp. I just hope her place is OK as I know she doesn't have much and has lived in her van when times were really bad for her.

Thanks again.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Master James

Wow that is really crazy that a tornado that big would hit there!  Glad to hear you are fine and hopefully your friend is OK too.  Let us know.
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

LadyOren

Prayers going out to them, may they find strength in these troubled times. Peace and blessings
When I'm gone look for me beneath your boots, for I have returned to the ground from which I came.   Walt Whitman