News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Celtic Festival in Denton, TX

Started by LadyMorna, September 10, 2009, 06:15:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyMorna

Anyone going to the Celtic Festival in Denton, TX this Saturday (Sept. 12)?  Good Lord willing and the creek don't rise, my laird husband will don his kilt and we will head out to this one.

Husband's clan (MacLaren) won't have a booth there, but I understand mine (Clan Lamont) will.

Lady Morna
Mistress of Conundrum Castle, Wife of Sir Marcas McLaren, and Lady-in-Waiting to two royal housecats

eloquentXI

Since I live in Denton, we thought about checking it out to see what was going on...nice to have something go on here in town.

I'll keep my eye out for ya'll!
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

Lady Kett

LadyMorna

I didn't know you lived in Denton, Eloquent XI!  We'll try to remember to wear our R/F pins and be on the lookout for you.

Lady Morna & Sir Marcus MacLaren
Mistress of Conundrum Castle, Wife of Sir Marcas McLaren, and Lady-in-Waiting to two royal housecats

LadyMorna

:'(  Very disappointed...we put on Scottish garb and headed out toward Denton this morning, but the further we drove, the harder it rained, and we ended up turning around and going home.  I wonder whether they had to cancel, or did the Celtic Fest go on despite the weather??

Lady Morna

Casche

The did end up having it, my mom went, but I couldn't  :( Stupid being stuck up here in Oklahoma...

She said there were more volunteers than guests because of the rain.  She felt really bad for them.  She also said some of the bands were interesting.... a Celtic Death Metal band?  Something along those lines...

Hopefully they'll try again next year, when I'll be back in Texas for good  ;D