News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

A Death in the Family

Started by Dayna, September 10, 2009, 07:49:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dayna

It is with great sadness that I must post the passing of Vernon Lind, known to many as Uncle Ho.  He was the reciepient of a heart transplant, and was able to join us for the first few weeks of faire.  He developed an infection and was on and off a ventilator due to the effects of immunosuppressant drugs used to keep him from rejecting his new heart.  Sometime late Sunday early Monday September 7th, he suffered a brain bleed due to the anti-coagulants used to prevent blood clots from injuring his new heart and was unresponsive.  He then suffered a massive stroke, and after determining that there would be no recovery, his wife of 25 years made the decision to remove the respirator and allow nature to take its course.  He waited until after the final parade of the season had ended, and surrounded by the women he loved, breathed out, and did not breath in.

No arrangements have been announced.
Dayna Thomas
Nixie's Mom
Bristol FoF Hench
Education Goddess...yeah, right
FoF Merchant Liason/Merchandizing Maven

Vartha

Aw man I've been off line for two months. I'm sorry to hear about Uncle ho

lordwriothsley

Mr.Lind and his family are in my thoughts and prayers at this time.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"