News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

WARNING!

Started by Master James, September 09, 2009, 10:39:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotsman

BCH (Barry)

If you have issues to share the last thing I want to do is to take them "off line" ... by all means share. I encourage it! Especially if they concern my "home away from home".

Like you have said, this is a family environment and frankly it pisses me off when I see/hear of this crap!

Thank you for expanding on this ... hopefully it will allow others at OUR faire to be vigilant and weed these bastards out!

My affiliation with the faire is strictly as a playtron but thanks for your fellowship and patronage. Surely you know this type of activity is not indicative of faire as a whole, but a few crappy people who like to screw with our second home.

Lessons all: If you see this crap, report it. Please. My kids go to faire too!

Next time your at MDRF drop me a note, I'll buy you a beer!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Scotsman

Quote from: Tiggeress on September 17, 2009, 12:43:55 PM
As you say this happened at the White Hart in July of 2008, I do not beleive it happened as MDRF is not open in July.

Alright ... no need to be snippy ... it was probably hotter than the Serengeti anyway and felt like July!  ;D
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56

Dallan

I've been fortunate never to witness any such events. Hopefully it is because they are such a rare occurrence. I agree with Scotsman's lesson, please report any such activity immediately. I too have youngster that attend faire.

Lesson 2:  If $20 a grope is the going rate I've been under charging for Lady Di. Sunday = price increase. (Sorry folks, but I felt the need for a little levity. While this is a serious subject faire should always be fun.)
Fight'n

Scotsman

Quote from: Dallan on September 17, 2009, 01:21:54 PM
Lesson 2:  If $20 a grope is the going rate I've been under charging for Lady Di. Sunday = price increase. (Sorry folks, but I felt the need for a little levity. While this is a serious subject faire should always be fun.)

Your killing me brother .... lesson 3 - I am kicking your A@@ on Sunday AM
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56

will paisley

So does this mean you won't be at faire until Sunday, or that I should come find you two on Saturday?  ;D
Minstrel, Interrupted, Bard #400 (CD)
Faire Name: "Flo's Husband"
Yeoman-Purser of the Frigate Up Royally

BCH

It was September 13-14 of 2008; and yes it felt like July (I believe it was  94+ degrees on Sat.), especially while wearing a great kilt of 16 oz. wool tartan

In looking for the exact date this morning, I pulled up the original booking for our room  which was made in July and erroneously put down July in my post. mea culpa

As I said, my wife and I have attended this faire since the early 90's and I had attended the faire myself sometime in its very early years. It has been, and remains our favorite faire; we would hate to see it become diminished in anyway.

"Next time your at MDRF drop me a note, I'll buy you a beer!"

Our preferences in beverages seem to be similar; it is rare that I do not have a case of Guinness Extra Stout around.

We will be attending the Scottish weekend at MDRF again this year both Saturday and Sunday in October.

Dallan

Quote from: will paisley on September 17, 2009, 01:49:12 PM

So does this mean you won't be at faire until Sunday, or that I should come find you two on Saturday?  ;D

Both boys have football games on Saturday. One at 8AM the other at 6PM. Can't squeeze in faire.
Fight'n

Dallan

Quote from: Scotsman on September 17, 2009, 01:38:38 PM

Your killing me brother .... lesson 3 - I am kicking your A@@ on Sunday AM

Thank you sir. May I have another?  :o
Fight'n