News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Happy little garb find!

Started by gem, October 03, 2009, 04:28:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gem

I must share my joy with those who *know.*  ;D

I have a green twill medieval-esque dress that I bought about ten years ago.  It was my very first *real* garb, and I love it.  It's sturdy and comfortable and great for taking the dogs out, or cold/muddy weather.  It had been in retirement, but I brought it back out a couple of seasons ago, and for some reason, the very wide scoop neckline now made it really hard to wear (*everything* showed).  I tried pinning it to my bra straps... but nothing really worked.  The bodice and sleeves are very fitted, so a regular chemise was way too bulky.  So I retired it again last year.  :'(

Well.  Last weekend, I discovered that Ophelia's (who make some of my favorite garb in the whole world) now has these teeny little cropped chemises to go with their cropped bodices!  So I grabbed one, in a pretty cream shot with gold stripes. 

It's PERFECT!  It fills in the neckline exactly as I'd hoped, without adding any extra bulk anywhere.  And it doesn't look *weird,* like other things I'd tried.  My favorite dress is WEARABLE again!  Huzzah!!

LadyShadow

May the stars always shine upon you and yours.

Royal Order of Landsharks Guppy # 98 :)

Taffy Saltwater

Sveethot!

Tammy

Royal Protector of Raccoons, Mistress of the Poi, Best Friend of Windland/Nim, Guppy, Seamstress for The Feisty Lady.

Marietta Graziella

Congrats, Gem!  Now if only you'd posted a pic we could all see your happy smile.   ;)
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.