News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

New Faire in Southern Cali

Started by Lord Figaro, September 14, 2009, 07:38:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Figaro

I don't know if you know or not, but I realize a lot of people out there don't look over other boards as much. I wanted to get the word out as much as possible. There is going to be a new fest this year for one weekend only.

The dates will be Nov 14th & 15th from 10:00AM till 6:00PM....ish.
Admission will be only $5 per person, children six years and under will be admitted free.
A discount of $1 off the admission price will be offered to those who dress in period attire or bring a canned good donation for the local food bank.

All proceeds for the event are going to the cities parks and recreations.

We are also looking for anyone interested in performing as street performers to let me know, we are setting up a school for interactive performers with Butch Roy who does this same training with MNRF at no cost to the performers. He will be coming down in October for two days on the 16th & 17th. Please let me know if anyone would be interested. This is our first year and we really hope to make this event succesful for everyone.
Those who do not remember their past are condemned to repeat their mistakes.

George Santayana

Marcos Charron

Fig

Good luck with the new venture!

As for me, plans already to go fishing with my Dad on that weekend.

V
At the faire or in the wood shop, that's where I am!

Lord Figaro

So long as you have fun V, that's the important thing. I've been trying to do that here, but lately I just can't seem to find the time. All I know is when this fest does start, I"D BETTER HAVE SOME LOKI ON HAND, cuz I am sooooo gonna need it.

George Santayana

Kruzar

Maybe I missed this.. but where is the new faire going to be?

Any websites for it?
Gentleman Rogue

Lord Figaro

Sorry must have missed the update I meant to do. But the event is happening in Needles CA and though the website is basic in design (it is our first year after all) it should give and idea of the whats when and where.

http://kingdombytheriverfaire.com/

Also the hotels I work at in Needles:

http://www.bestwesterncalifornia.com/hotels/best-western-colorado-river-inn/
&
http://www.bestwesterncalifornia.com/hotels/best-western-royal-inn/

are both having special deals for that weekend where the room rates are including breakfast and tickets to the event.

George Santayana

Black Hearted Pearl

How was your new faire?  I'm sorry I didn't see it until too late.
~Black Hearted Pearl
The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sai

Lord Figaro

There were rave reviews from many attendes, but of course with it being the first year, we're working on a few issues that arose. We are very much looking forward to next year, making some imrovements and hopefully with a bigger budget. Once the faire started and local people came out, there was a lot of inquiries into how one becomes a sponsor. Considering our budget was very low though, we got a lot of support from some individuals and vendors who said they would very much like to come back next year. I've been meaning to get some of the pictures posted, but things have gotten very crazy with work and that danged ole' real life, it ain't been easy.

George Santayana

Sir Michael Geare

I, for one, would love to see pictures of your faire.  Wished I could have made it but it happened to have conflicted with another event that I was participating in.  Perhaps next year.
'The exercising of weapons puts away aches, griefs, and diseases, it
increases strength, and sharpens the wits.'

Lord Figaro

I have had people promise to post them but still haven't heard anything back from them. I'll see what I can do about pushing it along though. I want to see some picture too.

George Santayana