News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

"Oops. I'm not at faire"

Started by ladylissame, September 14, 2009, 09:20:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Renee Buchanan

Quote from: LadySeasan on September 22, 2009, 07:03:45 PM
Going into Victoria's Secret-stating to the clerk:

"Hello good lady, I need a bodice that will lift and push my bosom up while sucking my stomach in"

She had no idea what a bodice was....

I went into my local Victoria's Secret and told the saleslady I needed a bra that was capable of fluffing, and she knew what I meant!  She said, "lots of ladies buy this kind to wear to a Renaissance Faire."  And then she said, "that's where you're going, isn't it?"

I was so impressed that I bought the bra.  And yes, it definitely is a fluffer.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

LadyShadow

I would have bought it too if she knew exactly what you were talking about.
May the stars always shine upon you and yours.

Royal Order of Landsharks Guppy # 98 :)

Queen Genevieve

Quote from: Lady Renee Buchanan on September 24, 2009, 06:45:48 PM
Quote from: LadySeasan on September 22, 2009, 07:03:45 PM
Going into Victoria's Secret-stating to the clerk:

"Hello good lady, I need a bodice that will lift and push my bosom up while sucking my stomach in"

She had no idea what a bodice was....

I went into my local Victoria's Secret and told the saleslady I needed a bra that was capable of fluffing, and she knew what I meant!  She said, "lots of ladies buy this kind to wear to a Renaissance Faire."  And then she said, "that's where you're going, isn't it?"

I was so impressed that I bought the bra.  And yes, it definitely is a fluffer.
Quote from: LadyShadow on September 25, 2009, 10:48:40 AM
I would have bought it too if she knew exactly what you were talking about.
Which one did you buy?
Queen Genevieve

Queen Genevieve

I talk to everyone.  while dropping my kids off at school the other day I started chatting with some children.  My daughter said, "Mom, you are not the Duchess here, when you talk to kids they just think you are some creapy old lady".  OOPS
Queen Genevieve

Lady Kett

Quote from: Brianna on September 25, 2009, 12:23:36 PM
I talk to everyone.  while dropping my kids off at school the other day I started chatting with some children.  My daughter said, "Mom, you are not the Duchess here, when you talk to kids they just think you are some creapy old lady".  OOPS

You can use this to your advantage as they get older! I have found the threat of public embarassment works wonders!!!!

Ok, back on topic now....I say "AAARRRR!" a lot at work. They all think I'm stark raving mad. I like it that way, actually.