News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

BARF 2010 "Pre-Rendezvous Bash"

Started by Count Adolfo, September 14, 2009, 09:54:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Molden

*staggers in, his tail tattered and docked, head covered in red lipstick markings...*

WOOOO THAT WAS FUN!

Many, many thanks are due t' be sure!

Thanks to Count Adolpho, Lady Phoenix and Squire Mickey - as well as many others for all the planning, hospitality, discounts, and generosity in hosting this last weekend! The favours and honoraria are also, greatly, if not delightfully appreciated. They will join my cache of honored commemorations.

It was beyond wonderful to be so honored by Her Royal Majesty, the Queen Catherine Parr - for the tyme I enjoyed getting to chat with you at the Tilted Kilt, as well as being able to play in your wooing contest at tea (Thank the Gods I had "game" enough to woo me own Lady Mikayla - again!), and the extreme honor of being "properly" wenched by you and your lovely court!  

Thanks to Lady Mikayla for being so wonderful and enjoying the chance to play at faire at I do, letting faire unfold itself freely without appointment nor schedule. It was fun wooing you again Sweets!

Thanks to the Wenches' Guild - Local #21 for the fyne wenching after tea!

Thanks to my Dear Friends Escarlata and Leinad - it is always wonderful to share faire with you Darling - umm and you too Ranger! Duh!  ;D

It was also beyond wondermous to see many dearest freinds of whom I have not seen in too long - Wenchie, Mad Jack, Count Adolpho, Connor, Seamus, Eloquent IX, Lady Brandy, Lady D'Arbanville, Lady Dracolich, Kate, Golden Goddess, Marietta Grazziella, Quiet One, Willow, Sir William (Seems I run into you EVERYWHERE Mate!), Gravedigger Doug, No Bill Lurker, Ian Robb, and sooo many more!

I Dearly Love this Faire, it's flavor, it's Spriit - it's Queen! and the playfullness of all involved. I conside it myne "Home Faire Away From Home" - Long may it Live and... LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!  
Cat-like & Mercurial

Reliably Unreliable

Lady Renee Buchanan

I, too, wish to add Steve and my thanks to everyone from BARF - and the others who made it there from elsewhere.  If I had one word to describe the weekend (which started for us on Thursday night with a yummy dinner!), it would be "absolutely perfect." I know that's 2 words, but "perfect" doesn't begin to do it justice.

Seeing old friends and meeting new ones, the incredible TWO tailgates (Steve loved the haggis, I stood far away then gave him a lifesaver), attending the hand-fasting, being pinned a M'Crack by Welsh Wench, buying the most beauteous and comfortable shoes in the WORLD, meeting Eloquent, who is absolutely adorable, a wonderful Chieftain's toast by Pinn, a super fun dinner with 20 Ren friends on Sunday night, so many hugs and kisses, I can't count - the list goes on and on.

Thank you to everyone who made it happen.  It was one of my most memorable birthday presents ever!   ;D
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Kate

It sounds silly, but I want to cry reading these posts.  You are all such an amazing group of people and it was an honor for us BARFers to be able to host this past weekend.

I feel like my second family flew in for the weekend and I miss them all like crazy now!  COME BACK SOON! *hugs* to you all!
Kate
Pink'n Penny

Lady Nicolette

Thanks to one and all for a lovely weekend at Faire...Seeing old friends and meeting some new ones was wonderful, I missed a few who were apparently there since I was in the booth most of the time...For those of you who made our day more fun by stopping by, many thanks!  And many thanks also for making this our best weekend yet at this Faire...Trying hard to remember Craig of Farrington's advice to not be sad that it's over, but glad that it happened!
"Into every rain a little life must fall." ~ Tom Rapp~Pearls Before Swine

eloquentXI

Quote from: Kate on March 16, 2010, 08:03:51 PM
It sounds silly, but I want to cry reading these posts.  You are all such an amazing group of people and it was an honor for us BARFers to be able to host this past weekend.

I feel like my second family flew in for the weekend and I miss them all like crazy now!  COME BACK SOON! *hugs* to you all!

I had a good cry as I flew back to Texas by myself, watching Tampa disappear behind me so its ok Kate, you can cry.

You never realize just how blessed you are until you have to leave a family you've just barely started to get to know. Makes me thankful for these forums, facebook, and cellphones. I'll try and get back to you all as soon as I can, and if not, I'll see those that can get down here. Miss you all so much already!  :-*
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

Athena

What a great weekend! I had so much fun, and am still having trouble getting back into the groove at work! I miss you guys!
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

leinad

Quote from: Molden on March 16, 2010, 06:37:04 PM
*staggers in, his tail tattered and docked, head covered in red lipstick markings...*

Quote from: Molden on March 16, 2010, 06:37:04 PM
I Dearly Love this Faire, it's flavor, it's Spriit - it's Queen! and the playfullness of all involved. I conside it myne "Home Faire Away From Home" - Long may it Live and... LONG LIVE THE QUEEN! 

Leinad, Gen"Teer"man Ranger