News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Santa Fe Renaissance Faire

Started by Zoë, September 15, 2009, 01:37:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Francisco Paula

I was hoping to make it to this faire this year but something came up and i will be in san diego that weekend  :(

So have tons of fun and a few drinks on me.  ;D

Norfolk

Quote from: Sir Garath on September 01, 2010, 05:18:39 PM
I was hoping to make it to this faire this year but something came up and i will be in san diego that weekend  :(

So have tons of fun and a few drinks on me.  ;D

Done and done!
Just call me "Your Grace"

Syrilla

Since this is my first time in the area, what are things that I need to see, or go and do!

Zoë

If you get the chance, try to get to the Plaza where the Governor's house is...if I'm not mistaken it's the oldest section of Santa Fe, and includes a beautiful cathedral that was built in the 1600's.  Inside, there's a spiral staircase that was built by an anonymous carpenter who simply showed up one day, stayed to build this beautiful staircase for the nuns, and then disappeared.  It's in pristine condition and it's absolutely gorgeous, and it's built in this special way - I can't remember the name of the technique, I want to say lock-and-key or something like that, there are no nails or other hardware, it's just the wood.  Also, there is a fantastic restaurant there in the Plaza called The Ore House...their house salsa is some of the best I've ever had!  We have dinner there one night every year we go to Santa Fe.
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Zoë

So far, the weather for this weekend looks perfect: 78 and sunny both days, according to weather.com.  Will keep checking as we grow closer, but it doesn't look like we could ask for better weather!!
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Norfolk

Quote from: Zoë on September 12, 2010, 01:53:44 PM
So far, the weather for this weekend looks perfect: 78 and sunny both days, according to weather.com.  Will keep checking as we grow closer, but it doesn't look like we could ask for better weather!!

Speak for yourself, fairy!  Those of us in noble garb would prefer a few degrees cooler.

Syrilla

78, sounds heavenly to me.  I am used to being in noble garb in the 90's and up!!!  I need to make sure I pack a quilted petticoat, it might be chilly.  ;)

Zoë

Quote from: Baron on September 12, 2010, 10:03:26 PM
Quote from: Zoë on September 12, 2010, 01:53:44 PM

Speak for yourself, fairy!  Those of us in noble garb would prefer a few degrees cooler.

Well, you have to admit, that's cooler than it was for most of the year at CORF, first weekend notwithstanding!
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Norfolk

Points conceded to both Zoe and Syrilla. 

Having said that, the Baroness and I agree that ANY weather is good weather for a renaissance festival.

Blushing

Blushing won't be at the faire ... but Sister Rose wil be in attendance ...
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

Norfolk

Quote from: Blushing on September 13, 2010, 11:54:50 PM
Blushing won't be at the faire ... but Sister Rose wil be in attendance ...

The Baroness and I look very much forward to meeting the goode sister.  And Syrilla as well.

Syrilla

Zoë

Huzzah!  I'll be rolling into town sometime in the late afternoon on Friday. 
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Capt Spleen

We are here as of Wednesday evening.

Visited the Faire site, and things are shaping up quite well. Toured the faire site and beyond.

We went to the Plaza, with a notable Royal, and had a late lunch at the Paris Cafe and Bakery, down in Burro Alley.
Great food! Will have to look into the Ore House.

Toured the plaza monument, the beautiful St Francis Cathedral, but missed the Loretto Chapel by 5 minutes.
Then I was persuaded to visit the Kakawa Chocolate House. Dark Chocolate Caramel center w/Sea Salt on top was fabulous.

Later in the evening an impromtu sword fight ala Monty Python, took place in the isles of Hobby Lobby - film at five in the future.... ;)

Looking forward to this weekend!

PS        And we have a Meet N Greet set up for 7:30 tonight (Friday) at the Blue Corn Cafe and Brewery.

Syrilla

Sitting at the airport getting ready to say goodbye to New Mexico.  Thank you for a wonderful time!!!!