News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Have y'all seen this?

Started by ~pixie~, September 15, 2009, 03:57:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

~pixie~

~ Pixie ~
the wicked wench
Rose Seller VARF
IWG #785 Local 42 MDRF
aka: Gold'n Penny
Irish Penny Brigade - Clan White

Seamus Ex Machina

Pixie, this is a movie that has been in production, by my count, for around 2 or 3 years.  It crops up on the forums for a bit every so often.   Besides the website, there has been no news that I have seen.    We've all been keeping an eye on it.....

Like 'All's Faire in Love', this one may be having trouble finding a suitor for distribution...or it may go straight to DVD.  Word has it that 'All's Faire' stunk up the joint so bad no one would distribute it.  That's why the trailers were showing months ago with no release date.   

If anybody has anything to add, I'm all ears....I'd love to see both of these movies.   Hell, I sat through 'Cutthroat Island'......
Legendary Hellraiser

Gauwyn of Bracknell

I think I saw a blurb that "All's Faire" is showing at a film festival in S. California in the very near future.
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Sir Ironhead

[quote    Hell, I sat through 'Cutthroat Island'......
[/quote]

Just cause it had grenade launcher armed pirates, several pointless characters, one small barrel that kept serveral tons of gold afloat, a pirate that wore spurs, and it completely BOMBED in the theater you act like it was a bad movie.

I call it a guilty (almost capital punishment) pleasure  ;D
Debaucheteer
IBRSC #1389
Sandbox Inspector
Iron'n M'Crack
Royal Order of Landsharks #41

Lims

All's faire better come out at some point!  It was filmed at my home faire!  I might be in it, but even if I am not, I will know a ton of the people in it, I am sure.

Grrr...  even if it stinks, it better not disappear. >:(

LadyShadow

I hope they both come out.  I dont care if its DVD.
May the stars always shine upon you and yours.

Royal Order of Landsharks Guppy # 98 :)

~pixie~

Quote from: Seamus Ex Machina on September 15, 2009, 05:40:56 PM
Pixie, this is a movie that has been in production, by my count, for around 2 or 3 years.  It crops up on the forums for a bit every so often.   Besides the website, there has been no news that I have seen.    We've all been keeping an eye on it.....

Thanks.  I see stuff like this now and then, but nothing ever seems to come of it.
~ Pixie ~
the wicked wench
Rose Seller VARF
IWG #785 Local 42 MDRF
aka: Gold'n Penny
Irish Penny Brigade - Clan White

Elennare

I really hope All's Faire comes out.  One of my friends was a stunt dobule in it!
My (infrequently updated) costume blog: http://manufactorumbrandis.wordpress.com/

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

HUZZAH as I know of is NOT dead yet. They took a year off for personal reasons. They filmed at CORF this year and were headed to a few other faires to do more filming. HUZZAH is a documentary and not a movie. The main guy is on the forums and posted a few times in the CORF section
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Elinor Hakebourne

Quote from: Sterling Scot on September 16, 2009, 03:22:10 PM
OMG Christina Ricci in a bodice!?

*swoons*

Now we know YOUR Achilles' heel... ;)

All's Faire is available via Itunes as a podcast - it may be available via other podcatchers, too :)

Seamus Ex Machina

Quote from: Sir Ironhead on September 15, 2009, 09:59:17 PM
[quote    Hell, I sat through 'Cutthroat Island'......

Just cause it had grenade launcher armed pirates, several pointless characters, one small barrel that kept serveral tons of gold afloat, a pirate that wore spurs, and it completely BOMBED in the theater you act like it was a bad movie.

I call it a guilty (almost capital punishment) pleasure  ;D
[/quote]

Just like tater tots and a pitcher of mint juleps, eh...?   ;D

I have it on DVD and watch it on a regular basis!  The stunts are amazing, owing to the director Renny (!) Harlin, who did 'Cliffhanger' and 'Deep Blue Sea'.   The ships were real wooden sailing ships, the costumes were done by an Italian designer......they couldn't spend enough money on this thing.   

Then stick a coupla romantic comedy actors in a full on pirate action movie...yeah that's the trick.... ;)

Legendary Hellraiser

Welsh Wench

'All's Faire'--

HA! I bet I know a scene or two that will end up on the cutting floor.

*I am SO tempted to post that sign here, Seamus*  ;D
Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

Seamus Ex Machina

Quote from: Welsh Wench on September 27, 2009, 01:46:50 PM
'All's Faire'--

HA! I bet I know a scene or two that will end up on the cutting floor.

*I am SO tempted to post that sign here, Seamus*  ;D

Allegedly, "the incident" took place in front of a film crew doing B-roll...I would happily allow that on DVD for the opportunity to say, "Exhibit A, Your Honor!"    ;D

See 'Bloopers...'
Legendary Hellraiser

Welsh Wench

That's what happens when you announce your muttony mutiny in advance.

I'm surprised you didn't send out engraved invitations and expect RSVPs!

And I'd serve the chicken wings....from across the room.  :D
Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

Anna Iram

Quote from: Lady de Laney on September 17, 2009, 10:17:10 AM
HUZZAH as I know of is NOT dead yet. They took a year off for personal reasons. They filmed at CORF this year and were headed to a few other faires to do more filming. HUZZAH is a documentary and not a movie. The main guy is on the forums and posted a few times in the CORF section

Nice to know Lady de Laney. I, too have been looking forward to this film coming out. So many people I've met and know are in it. Can't wait.

As for Alls Faire...good lord we had enough drama at our faire to last five seasons over that one. I look forward to a season free from all that that film brought.