News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Bad Bike Wreck

Started by Celtic_Fae, September 15, 2009, 07:57:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celtic_Fae

Well, he's still pretty much guaranteed additional surgeries down the line, but he's now hobbling around tentatively without crutches (but still on major pain meds). Good news----he might be coming down to visit me and the Bay Area Renaissance Festival! I might get to turn him into a Rennie after all (and introduce him to all you wonderful people)!

Rani Zemirah

Oh, how wonderful!!!  At least more surgeries would indicate that they believe there is more that can be done to improve his condition, and if he will be able to travel in a few months then he is still progressing!  I'm so glad...  I'll continue to pray for more improvement, and an easing of his pain.  He's lucky to have such a good friend as you...  :)
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

lordwriothsley

Huzzah on the news Kathryn. Please continue to keep us updated on his condition lass.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Rani Zemirah

Oh cool!  Maybe I'll get to meet him, then!  I'm hoping to make it down there for that weekend, so who knows?!?  :)
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Celtic_Fae

Cool! I think that would blow his mind to meet SO many people who were wishing him well. Please, everyone, know that I post updates not to detract from your own posts but to show that these things can have a happy ending.

Celtic_Fae

Got some bad news today. His exposed leg fracture has abscessed. Needs to have the hardware removed but is having a hard time finding a doctor who will do it.

Sir James of Milford

Sorry to hear he is having more trouble.  Tell him to hang in there, things will get better for him I am sure.  :)
Sir James of Milford
Edward II, Duke of Yorkshire

Celtic_Fae

Going back into the hospital in AM tomorrow. What a way to start the new year...  :-[

Betty Munro

Healing thoughts and prayers for your friend!
Keep us posted on his recovery.

lordwriothsley

Kathryn I'm so sorry to hear of your friends most recent troubles. Please let him know that he is still in my thoughts and prayers m'lady.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Celtic_Fae

Thank you everyone. A week later he's still in the hospital with another surgery planned for tomorrow or Tuesday. They had to keep him on antibiotics longer than they anticipated since the infection was antibiotic-resistant. Luckily, the hospital has WiFi and his friends brought his decrepit laptop down, so we've been able to keep in contact via online and some phone calls.

Anna Iram

Kathryn, I'm sorry to hear your friend is having ongoing problems. I haven't posted here, but I have been thinking of you both as I pass through. I'll send extra good thoughts his way this week in hopes that this surgery will be the last.

Rani Zemirah

I hope they're giving him plenty of live culture yogurt to replace some of that necessary bacteria that he's losing.  Antibiotics can cause some rather unpleasant changes in the digestive tract if there's no helpful little critters in there...  I hope he starts feeling better soon, and that this surgery is a resounding success!  Lots of healing thoughts and positive energy headed to you both...  :)
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Lady Amy of York

Healing prayers being sent his  way.  Keep us posted on  how  he is  doing.
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

Celtic_Fae

Getting worried. Haven't heard from him now in 4 days. One way or the other, we're usually in contact everyday.