News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Camp Recipes

Started by anne of oaktower, May 22, 2008, 10:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonny Pearl

Just saw this recipe on Delish

Bacon-Bourbon Brownies with Pecans

http://www.delish.com/recipefinder/bacon-bourbon-brownies-pecans-recipe-fw0811

I think I just found my favorite food group lol!  :D 
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Rani Zemirah

[headdesk/repeat] 

That is just... WRONG!!!  ::)  :D
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Bonny Pearl

Isn't it though?!  LOL!  I think I am going to do a test run on this recipe just to see how these flavors blend.  Who knows, could be a start for a loki recipe for someone....bacon chocolate pecan loki.... why not, they sell bacon chocolate bars now!  :D
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Rani Zemirah

I haven't been able to bring myself to try any of the chocolate covered bacon that's been so popular lately... mainly because I'm afraid that if it's bad... I will never be able to get rid of the memory of it, and it will ruin two of my favorite things!  LOL 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Bonny Pearl

I've tried it.  I am a big fan of dark chocolate but NOT with bacon.  Milk chocolate is best for this.  It's all about the salty-n-sweet aspect of snacking.  Dark chocolate isn't sweet enough for it.

Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Rani Zemirah

I don't care for dark chocolate at all... it's just too bitter for my taste.  But it's the idea of the smoke flavor that I find unsettling.  Of course, I'm not a fan of maple flavored bacon, either, so I probably wouldn't like the chocolate. 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

dragongirl

At Pennsic a couple of years ago one of the food vendors had chocolate and toffee covered bacon...it was amazing!  However, I could only eat one peice because it was just too rich. 
Lady Hermina Dolores De Pagan
Captain of the Tres Flores
Sailing with Ye Pyrate Brotherhood

Bonny Pearl

Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

DonaCatalina

All in one Potato dish
Makes 4
1 medium potato (peel and dice)
8 eggs
1/2 c milk
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp salt
pepper to taste
2 Tbsp oil
1 medium onion (chopped)
1/2 green pepper (diced)
1/2 red pepper (diced)
1 small zucchini diced
1 clove garlic minced
1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese

Preparation

Cook potato in salted boiling water until tender. Drain. Beat together eggs, milk, basil, salt and pepper until eggs are just blended. In a 10 inch ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, peppers and/or zucchini & garlic. Sauté 3 minutes. Add potato and sauté 2 minutes longer. Pour eggs over vegetables in skillet. Cook over low to medium heat until eggs are almost set, but still moist on the surface [10-12 minutes] occasionally lift edge of the eggs to allow uncooked egg to run to bottom of skillet. Sprinkle top with cheese. Place under broiler until cheese melts, 2-3 minutes. Cut into wedges to serve. If no broiler is available, still sprinkle cheese on, it will melt. Serve with crusty roll & salad.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess