News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Monkey Island is back!

Started by Leyla, September 21, 2009, 04:21:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leyla

I just discovered that, after almost ten years absence, Monkey Island is back!

This adventure game series starts with "The Secret of Monkey Island" in which you play pirate-wanna-be Guybrush Threepwood. He's advised to excel in three areas to become a pirate, Swordplay, Thievery, and Treasure-Hunt-ery. The game is full of non-stop humor, and crazy puzzles. The story-line is wonderful. One of my favorite parts was in order to become a master swordsman you have to learn to properly insult your opponent to help humiliate them into defeat. Released in 1990, and rather pixilated, it's still a fabulous game!

The company is now releasing a new version in 5 episode installments called "Tales of Monkey Island." Unfortunately I realized too late that chapter one was available for free on Talk Like a Pirate Day, but there is still a free demo download (link on the left) if you care to take a look at it. I'll have to wait for us to get our Wii back so I can download onto that system, game is for PC or Wii only and we have Macs :(

Enjoy!

Description from the website:
While explosively stripping the evil pirate LeChuck of his demonic mojo, Guybrush Threepwood inadvertently infects the entire Caribbean with the arch-fiend's expelled voodoo, which threatens to transform buccaneers into unruly pirate monsters. Pursued by a notorious cut-throat Pirate Hunter and a creepy French Physician who believes that Guybrush's eerily-infected hand holds the secret of eternal life, Threepwood sails the seven seas in search of La Esponja Grande, a legendary sea sponge with unparalleled voodoo exfoliating abilities. But little does Guybrush know, his quest is part of a larger, more sinister plot, and good and evil are not always as they seem...

Links: "Tales" Game Trailer and A game review.