News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

New Construction All Year?

Started by Craigmeister, September 21, 2009, 11:52:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craigmeister

While at Tulsa's King's Champion Medieval Faire 2 weekends ago, I was talking to Heavy Hammer & his wife.  I believe they told me that new things are built for the Haunted Castle each summer like new things are built around Castleton each winter.  They mentioned a keep or dungeon that's being worked on across the paved lot in front of the castle.  Has anyone seen it or anything else yet that will be debuted this fall?
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Rani Zemirah

I don't get out to Muskogee at all, so unfortunately I wouldn't be able to say.  I was thinking that there was someone here on the forum that lived down there, though, but I can't remember who it was.  Sorry...

I would like to make it to the Haunted Castle this year, but I'm afraid the funding probably isn't going to be there.  :(  Having never been, though, I'm not sure what all goes on.  Is it at all a garbed event, or pretty strictly mundane? 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Emerald Shaunassey

Quote from: Rani Zemirah on September 22, 2009, 09:31:49 AM
I don't get out to Muskogee at all, so unfortunately I wouldn't be able to say.  I was thinking that there was someone here on the forum that lived down there, though, but I can't remember who it was.  Sorry...

I would like to make it to the Haunted Castle this year, but I'm afraid the funding probably isn't going to be there.  :(  Having never been, though, I'm not sure what all goes on.  Is it at all a garbed event, or pretty strictly mundane? 

In year's past when I worked and played at this event of TCoM; the workers and few die hard rennies wore garb and a mixture of more traditional Halloween costumes.  I believe management has a policy of "wear what you want so long as it's PG" for their guests.  But to be safe, check their website or call Karen at the Castle for clarification.  I haven't worked any TCoM events for 5 or so seasons so my information is a little dated at best.

Blessings
Emerald
IWG #979, IFRP #569, RMG # 614, Bard # 171.
Creator, Owner, & Manager of Williams Entertainment: Home of The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, The Shanty Lasses, Native Souls, & Grand Lake Renaissance Festival.

Rani Zemirah

Thanks for the info, Emerald. 

If it's not prying too much, could I ask why you don't work this Faire any more?
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Emerald Shaunassey

Rani,
     I do not mind sharing my reason; look for a private message shortly.

Emerald
IWG #979, IFRP #569, RMG # 614, Bard # 171.
Creator, Owner, & Manager of Williams Entertainment: Home of The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, The Shanty Lasses, Native Souls, & Grand Lake Renaissance Festival.

Rani Zemirah

Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Vartha

Quote from: Craigmeister on September 21, 2009, 11:52:21 PM
While at Tulsa's King's Champion Medieval Faire 2 weekends ago, I was talking to Heavy Hammer & his wife.  I believe they told me that new things are built for the Haunted Castle each summer like new things are built around Castleton each winter.  They mentioned a keep or dungeon that's being worked on across the paved lot in front of the castle.  Has anyone seen it or anything else yet that will be debuted this fall?

The one weekend I worked there I was told they try to build one new structure a year.

Lionforgesmithy

Hello everyone, This is my first post on here so I'm a noob. I do know that there has been some new construction at the Castle, I am one of the blacksmiths that have  been demonstraiting at the castle fair for the last 2 years and they have built us a permanent booth. I don't know if any other work has been done.I'm looking forward to the start of the fair this weekend. We have also been doing Norman for the last 7 years.

Rani Zemirah

Oh, then I will probably recognize you!  :)  We're thinking of attending the weekend of May 8-9, at the least, and perhaps one more as well this season, so we will stop by and introduce ourselves. 

Welcome to the forums!  There is a wealth of information and entertainment here, so make yourself right at home.  Glad you found us!!!  :D
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Lionforgesmithy

They have built 2 new buildings that I have seen this year my groups booth and another near the may pole. They also expanded the armory which is adjoining our booth and the garrison and added more privies.

LadyBrenda

I spent a good deal of time at the blacksmiths booth the first sunday OKRF was open with a friend from work! i havent been in a few years so it was nice to see upgrades! Cant wait to go again next sunday and bossman willing go to the Ceilidh on the 22nd  :D

Rani Zemirah

I am soooo wishing I was going to be there this weekend...   :'(
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Lionforgesmithy

The Ceilidh should be fun, I plan on being busy this weekend finishing up a few projects for some of the other vendors I hope you enjoyed your visit to our booth we enjoy demoing and talking with the crowd. I'm the one at the forge in the middle with the red beard and glasses and normally answer to the name Cory