News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

ZOMBIES!!!!!!

Started by Cynthia_Orella, September 22, 2009, 11:16:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cynthia_Orella

Yes yes you heard me right Zombies. For those of you who didn't know I LOOOOOOVE zombies... and there are a few people in colorado who feel the same way. And I would like my rennie buddies to join me for the three upcoming zombie walks!

The first one will be October 10th in Manitou
Everyone will be meeting at about 3pm at the Soda Springs Park for costume help and an opportunity to get all you pre-walk pictures.
The actual walk will start at 4pm and we shall all crawl down Manitou Ave.
Afterward there is a 5pm Zombie Social and Party! (location TBA)

The next one I know about for sure is Colorado Springs which will be October 23

We will be meeting at the Underground Nightclub and Bar at 7pm for costume and makeup assistance.
The actualy Crawl will begin at 8:00pm
The walk itself will take about an hour then we will meet back at the Underground for an 80's Zombie Party downstairs at 9:00 pm
All ages/kids welcome from 7-9
9 pm onward is 18+

There is also going to be a walk in denver (I hope) but I haven't found the details for that crawl yet.  I look forward to seeing all of you there!!!!!!

Cynthia_Orella

I found the information on the Denver Crawl will be October 24th

They will be meeting at Skyline Park at 16th and Arapahoe St.

The crawl will be a big loop of the 16th st. Mall

At the end we will meet back at Skyline Park for a costume contest and concert!

I did not find a time on the page. :( but now that I see where to go to find out you'll get updates as soon as I do.

PS. the Denver crawl has a webpage http://www.eyeheartbrains.com/

Francisco Paula

So what you think....zombie kill of the week?

Demetrius

Should we bring records to throw?
Truth teller of exceptional proportion...
Proud to be a part of the Colorado Renaissance Festival...

Cynthia_Orella

We all know when the zombie Apocalypse comes I'll get zombie kill of the week three weeks running. :D

ladybootlegger

I'm the one going to Hell, you were only watching.
~Billy Connolly

Tanda

Anyone planning on a carpooling from Mile Hi Con....also the same weekend?
o/` I'm a little teapot...o/` No, I'm not, that would be silly. ::)

Francisco Paula

I am thinking of going to the con since i have yet gone to this one since i moved here. Would like to do the zombie crawl will have to see what crazy trouble i can get into.

CapnJack

Personally I'm trying to get a bunch of people out there as pirate zombies.  Anyone with me?
"I've been through some terrible things in my life.  Some of which have actually happened."

-Mark Twain

Captain Kidd

I was down in Denver for the last Zombie walk, and didn't know what the hell was going on. Needless to say, I wanted my baseball bat. Now that I know what is going on... I will be bringing a nerf bat instead... or a banjo...

Cynthia_Orella

You think I have a pretty mouth?

Francisco Paula

Francisco Paula

Rule 1: Cardio

Rule 2: Beware of Bathrooms

Rule 3: Seatbelts

Rule 4: Doubletap

Rule 5: No Attachments

Rule 6: Travel in a Group

Rule 7: Keep the Dumb Dumbs Close at Hand

Rule 8: Kill with Efficiency

Rule 9: Guns Are for Hunting, Not for Zombie Killing

Rule 10: Be Quiet

Rule 15: Know Your Way out!

Rule 17: Don't Be a Hero

Rule 18: Limber Up

Rule 19: Blend in

Rule 20: Find The Right Shelter

Rule 21: Zombies cant Climb

Rule 22: Be ruthless

Rule 23: God Bless Rednecks

Rule 24: No Drinking

Rule 31: Check the Back Seat

Rule 32: Enjoy the Little Things

Captain Kidd

Rule 33: Ignore Rule 9. Zombies that get close will kill you quicker than starvation... and if worse comes to worse... there are still plenty of longbows and crossbows not being used in the world.

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

But in reality, we ALL know it takes trauma to the head to kill a zombie i.e. bullet to brain (this is were a .22 works wonders and no need for a hunting rifle, hunting rifle just gives you even more range if you have a good sited scope. But .22 rounds are more plentyful and cheaper to buy when it comes to that).) Wacking off it's head, Or bashing it's brains in. I'd rather take a horde of Zombies out at long distance than letting them get close enough to infect me with it's blood, slobber, or bite. OH ands a boy works good if your good with a boy and have tons of arrows I personally have about 2 dozen or slightly more. Where as I have about 400 rounds of .22

So good thing I have a most kick weed puller .22 rsemi auto ifle WITH a scope
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Avan

Quote from: Lady de Laney on October 15, 2009, 09:12:46 AM
OH ands a boy works good if your good with a boy and have tons of arrows I personally have about 2 dozen or slightly more.

I just have this image with a boy with about 2 dozen arrows stuck in him and being swung around like a spiked club.  ;D

Francisco Paula

Now i havn't worked with a boy before but i am good with a girl.

Avan

A friend of mine works with one of the girls who helped put together the Denver Zombie Crawl. Her boyfriend's name was on the event permit (which was for Skyline Park, NOT 16th St. Mall) and he found out today that he got slapped with a $1200 fine, due to the 16th St. Mall's cleaning crew claiming they had "so much extra work" to clean up what was deemed "graffiti" after the crawl.

If you participated in this event (heck, even if you didn't), they're asking people for a voluntary $1 donation to help foot the cost of the fine. Believe me, this girl makes the same amount of money I do at work...they REALLY can't afford to pay the fine on their own.

You can go to http://www.eyeheartbrains.com and their front page has a Paypal button for donations.

On behalf of them, thanks so much!