News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

'Extreme Conventions' on the Travel Channel

Started by Seamus Ex Machina, September 23, 2009, 07:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamus Ex Machina

'Extreme Conventions' has a segment on Pirate Con in New Orleans coming on shortly.    I'll check to see when they will be repeating this episode.....
Legendary Hellraiser

Seamus Ex Machina

False alarm....it was a very short, almost cursory, segment on Pirate Con.   

Move along, nothing to see here..... ::)
Legendary Hellraiser

SleepyArcher

Knight, FOP, Pirate, Woodsman...I am a man of many faces.

Rani Zemirah

Tsk... perhaps they don't think the Pirates of New Orleans are quite "extreme" enough to merit a full segment, and only deserve a minute or so mixed in with a melange of other rather tame oddities?  :P  Perhaps they need to be invited on down to Florida for a weekend?  LOL
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Seamus Ex Machina

Actually, New Orleans is the perfect place for a PirateCon.......if they could consolidate their defecation.  The word has been from both piratey web sites and friends on the ground that is was a great party;  but a ugly, muddled mess of a Con....

Tampa is a huge convention town.   Ybor City would be a perfect parade route... :)

Lemme make a few calls.....
Legendary Hellraiser

Rani Zemirah

You get right on that, and lemme know when it all goes down!  I promise I'll show up in Pirate!!!
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Pirateleach

I attended Pyratecon this year and it was a blast. it was my first time in new orleans so i was gonna have fun. I was there with The Syrens of the South burlesque troupe( I am there emcee)
You can see me on the rerun tonight(so i heard)    In fact you hear my voice announcing the lady with the bouncy boobs.  Im also the the guy yelling "Hoist the sales!" and Im kinda all over it being a goon and such.

hope you like it   

but yes. as a con..it was quite muddled and disorganized,

Barkeep, Tavern on the Hill
Newcastle
Come have a Shandy from Andy

captmarga

Quote from: SleepyArcher on September 23, 2009, 11:39:04 PM
Im watching it now.

They just ran the segment again.... amazing how many faces I know.  Blonde wenches from Scarby, Drake from Whitehart, a Spaniard from TRF, a couple dozen others in the crowd.  I guess it's not THAT surprising, but it was amusing.

Capt Marga
Corp Capt Marga, Dame Den Mother, Scarborough Royal Guard.  Keeper of the Costume Closet.  Artist, Rennie, Etc, etc, etc