News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

CRF Has Inspired Me...PIRATE/RENAISSANCE THEMED PARTY...HELP PLEASE?

Started by ++King of the Pirates++, September 26, 2009, 02:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

++King of the Pirates++

After reading about the CRF I plan to attend. I went to VARF last May and it was fun. All of these faires have inspired me and this year I am going to have a Pirate Festival for my birthday.

All of the food will be inside and in the woods we will have the fire pit and music being played.

Can any of you graciously offer ideas (cost efficient ones are nice too) as to how I can decorate my backyard and make it look Piratey or Faire-like?

The help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sir Garrett C./Captain Jack Avery
"When the people fear their government there is tyranny, when the government fears its people-there is liberty"

Raibeart OShea

How about a description of your yard...I've done a few themed parties and there are LOTS of ideas.  Do you have a Porch?  Is it a BIG back yard?  Are there walkways or is it all grass? 
Latha math dhuibh.
Raibeart O'Shea
HomeFaire: CRF
Attended: NCRF 09, GARF 09, 10
Plans to attend: Them ALL.

Tammy

Hobby Lobby actually has pirate themed birthday items. Some are a bit cheesy, but they have some really cool stuff too...like maps printed on rough vinyl for placemats.
Hope you have a great party!!
Royal Protector of Raccoons, Mistress of the Poi, Best Friend of Windland/Nim, Guppy, Seamstress for The Feisty Lady.

~pixie~

You can fill a "treasure chest" with beaded necklaces (the mardi gras kind), plastic rings & jewelry, coin-shaped candies or other gold & silver metallic wrapped candies and the like for party favors. 
~ Pixie ~
the wicked wench
Rose Seller VARF
IWG #785 Local 42 MDRF
aka: Gold'n Penny
Irish Penny Brigade - Clan White

Tammy

Target has some really cool piratey skull stuff for Halloween right now. You should REALLY go check it out!!
Royal Protector of Raccoons, Mistress of the Poi, Best Friend of Windland/Nim, Guppy, Seamstress for The Feisty Lady.

++King of the Pirates++

Yeah, I was in Target yesterday after taking my sister to see 'Where The Wild Things Are'. I saw those items. We're thinking about using those.

My girlfriends brother also let me have his full size replica of Blackbeard's Jolly Roger.

So here's what I have so far:

-Inside:

-Old Maps, Navigational Charts, Wanted posters and News articles all over the walls.
-Fishing nets.
-Skulls and bones.
-My Grandma's Old Wooden Trunk and my small wooden trunk filled with pieces of eight and Jewelry.
-Hanging lanterns, candelabras, etc.
-White or red table cloth that has tattered, burnt edges.
-Tankards will obviously be used.
-Blackbeard's Jolly Roger will be suspended from the ceiling in corner.
-There will be a skeleton sitting in corner dressed as a Pirate holding an old rum bottle.
-Black and Red Streamers
-Rusty Chains draped across the tops of the two doors that go into the main part of the house.
-Sign on my bedroom door that says "Captain's Quarters"
-Sign on Bathroom Door that says "Head" being as the head of the ship was where the toilets where located.

-Outside:

-Hanging Lanterns, Torches, etc.
-Dead Pirates hanging from Nooses throughout the trees.
-Sign pointed towards the house that says Tavern & Inn.
-Moss on the trees.
-Banner for 'Berley Court'. That is the name of the shire I live in according to the SCA.
-More tattered Jolly Rogers
-In the woods there will be a fire pit with Celtic jigs and such playing.
-The dress code is obviously to dress like a Pirate of a Tavern Wench.

So what do y'all think?
"When the people fear their government there is tyranny, when the government fears its people-there is liberty"

Tammy