News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2009 Feast Menu

Started by Lord William, September 28, 2009, 11:48:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord William

Greetings everyone!

Our Reigning Queen is of German decent and has asked our chef for a German themed menu.

Zuerst (First)
Brot – bread
Butern – butter
Ein condimentelin – onion soup (beef broth, onions, and herbs)

Zweitens (Second)
Ein spise von bonen – peas with caraway (peas in a caraway herb broth)
Ein morchen mus – carrots in broth (minced carrots cooked in broth)
Ein gut spise – sausages in sauce (German sausage in an herb, egg, and pepper sauce)
Daz ist auch gut – bread pudding (a dessert of bread, almond milk, and sugar)

Drittens (Third): Die oblate der konigin – the Queen's wafer (a radiant escarbuncle)

Viertes (Fourth)
Diz heizzet ris von kriechen – wild rice (wild rice prepared in broth)
Huenre von kriechen – glazed game hen (game hen glazed with a fruit and sugar sauce)
Ein gute fulle – apple pudding (apples roasted with honey and spices)

According to our chef, these recipes were inspired by Daz buoch von guoter spise. The original manuscript is in the library of the University of Munich and is dates as between 1345 and 1354. It contains 101 recipes and was originally part of a household manual for the Archbishop of Wurzburg.

If you would like tickets you can send a request to this address: bwarren@fcs.k12.al.us for the ammount. Seating is limited to 200. The ticket price is $25 and payment can be mailed to this address:

Billy Warren, Chairman
Alabama Renaissance Faire
P.O. Box 431
Florence, AL 35631

BLAKDUKE

what is the drop dead date to mail the payment?????
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

Lord William

QuoteOrigonally posted by: BLAKDUKE

what is the drop dead date to mail the payment?

We can hold two tickets for you, and you send the money no later than Friday October 16. We must know however that you do in fact desire the tickets, as they are going fast.

Thank you for your interest!

amy

I understand this is a community and family function but may I ask what beverages are served with the meal and if it is frowned upon to bring an ale or wine to have with the meal?  I would assume there would not be spirits served.  Thanks Sir William.

Lord William

QuoteOrigonally posted by amy:
I understand this is a community and family function but may I ask what beverages are served with the meal and if it is frowned upon to bring an ale or wine to have with the meal?  I would assume there would not be spirits served.  Thanks Sir William.

We serve water and tea. Alcohol is something we can't endorse as it's held in a building owned by the city. However I do know that some have brought their own (low key of course).

BLAKDUKE

Quote from: Lord William on September 30, 2009, 01:41:40 PM
QuoteOrigonally posted by: BLAKDUKE

what is the drop dead date to mail the payment?

We can hold two tickets for you, and you send the money no later than Friday October 16. We must know however that you do in fact desire the tickets, as they are going fast.

Thank you for your interest!

Lord William:

We thank you for the consideration, however due to being unemployed for the moment and the associated financial impact, we will have to pass for this year.  We will shoot for next year.
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

Lord William

QuoteOrigonally posted by the BLAKDUKE:
We thank you for the consideration, however due to being unemployed for the moment and the associated financial impact, we will have to pass for this year.  We will shoot for next year.

So sorry to hear that my good Sir. We shall have you there in spirit, and pray that your financial situation may improve asap!