News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

All's Faire Movie

Started by Cateyes, September 28, 2009, 08:37:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cateyes

Well according to MRF's Facebook they are showing All's Faire at the festival fairgrounds Thursday and Friday at 6:30 pm and 9 pm, Saturday and Sunday at 8:30 pm and Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday at 6:30 pm and 9:00 pm

Jon Foster

They are charging for everyone to see it too. Why? Shouldn't the people that made it possible get to see it for free? I would actually like to see it after all the trouble it caused last year but I don't know if I want to pay for it. Where will it be shown? Outside? On a portable or makeshift screen? With a decent sound system or two low end speakers set up in the front corners? I'm not sure I want to see it that bad. I hope the weather is good too if it's going to be outdoors.

Jon.

Margaret

Quote from: Jon Foster on September 29, 2009, 01:10:35 AM
They are charging for everyone to see it too. Why?

Because, at the end of the day, MIRF is a for profit venture and they will try to make a profit at anything they can.
Mistress Margaret Baynham
The Sweete Ladye
IWG #1656 MCL
wench.org (IWG forums)
ibrsc.org (IBRSC forums)

Cateyes

I just called the office and they said that the movie will be played in a large tent on the faire grounds.  They will be selling food and there will be close privies.  It will cost $5 with a ticket stub and $7 without.  Too bad I threw mine away.   :-[

shadowcat546

hi. thanks for keeping us in the loop.  Yes, please, please god let the weather be agreeable.

Shannon..........The Colonial Peddler.....items for sale...southeast Michigan
Shannon, ..The Colonial Peddler --see Webshots shadowcat546 (so.-east Mich.) Goods for Sale

Jon Foster

Quote from: Margaret on September 29, 2009, 06:04:36 AM
Quote from: Jon Foster on September 29, 2009, 01:10:35 AM
They are charging for everyone to see it too. Why?

Because, at the end of the day, MIRF is a for profit venture and they will try to make a profit at anything they can.

I understand the numbers. But with all the trouble it caused last year at the faire I'll probably wait for Wally World to sell it on DVD for $5.00. It doesn't seem like it did very well at any of the film festivals it was at so it probably won't make it to any theaters. Plus, it didn't even have our Queen!

Jon.

Katie Bookwench

One thing to remember:  MIRF did not make the movie, the production company did. Mid America Festivals gave the production company the rights to use their grounds (both MIRF and BARF) as a location on which to shoot scenes...build sets....film crowds....shut down shops.... ::)

.... make themselves a bloody nuissance and a Royal Pain in many many arses.

but I digress.  ;D

Even at $7 bucks, that's still cheaper than my neighborhood metroplex. And you get to see it with fellow Rennies instead of the general public, and hang out at site after faire.  That's worth something to a lot of people.

(it boosts your 'Faire Virginity/Corruption' score a few points too!)
Katie O'Connell - Hollygrove Library
(aka The Bookwench)
Licensed Wench - IWG Local 57

Captain Cornelius Howard Duckman

Whats the price for festivals workers, since we won't have ticket stubs?

Jon Foster

Quote from: sealclubber on September 29, 2009, 11:22:41 PM
Whats the price for festivals workers, since we won't have ticket stubs?

They charge guys with a duck on their head double.  ;D

Jon.

Captain Cornelius Howard Duckman

Good thing the duck comes off after hours, huh?

Lims

Seeming as I don't think it will be in the cards for me to watch it at the faire grounds due to the distance I drive, I hope it comes out in one facet or another.

I would hate to not be able to see it at all - even if it's horrid.

Lady Deborah

Did anyone notice they revamped the movie trailer?  On the Patriot Pictures site, there is a new version, showing more Ann Margaret scenes and less of the joust/faire/crowds.  You can see the original version on YouTube.   I am in agreement with those that still want to see the movie at some point, even if it isn't steller. It is exciting to see the grounds, buildings, and ren-buddies that we know and love so much.  But this is our last weekend, and we want to spend it with friends that we won't see for about 45 weeks until next season, but I will be anxious to hear opinions of the movie!!    

Ladyfair

Seating is first come first seated...
seats are those white plastic lawn chairs....
no outside food or beverages... food stands in place..

saw the movie on Tue night...it was great.. its our faire preserved forever!! 8)
Lady Penny Clan Sutcliff - MI Chieftess
2013 Penny family Gathering Sept 7-8
Ren Vet
IWG Wench #3523

Madge Estes

They have set up very nice sound for the movie.  Saw it Tuesday night.  Lots of familiar faces!
Live so your dreams recognize you.

shadowcat546

thank you for telling us what kinds of seats there are. I try to bring something to help with my back problems.

yes, I too, would probably buy it on dvd when it comes out...to help ease the "ren-withdrawal"... (and re-read Katie MacAlister renaissance -based romance Hard Day's Knight ......Blow Me Down (pirate based)..........best wishes.  --Shannon
Shannon, ..The Colonial Peddler --see Webshots shadowcat546 (so.-east Mich.) Goods for Sale