News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Drum circle MRF

Started by Melissa, September 28, 2009, 12:18:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melissa

Has anyone else checked out the drum circle at the end of fest every day ??   Dancing to amazing drum beats is always my favorite way to end another amazing day at ren fest. 

ARIMUS is an amazing Drummer!!!

Queen Genevieve

not to mention the cowbells.  They COWBELLS were great
Queen Genevieve

Melissa

Every one needs a little more cowbell!

Poldugarian Warrior

I've always wondered do you have to be in the employ of the faire to join in the drum circle? I would think it'd be fun to come to faire with a drum, and play along with them at the end of the day. An dyes, I've sat at many a drum circle and it was quite fun.

Melissa

From what I understand, the people who do the drum circle just do it for fun.  They do not work there. I am sure you could ask them about joining in.  I am pretty sure anyone who wants to can.

Black Armor

I've sat in on the drum circle a couple of times this year.  There are a few of the vendors who usually show up but I don't know their names.  Usually a couple of the guys from the booth that sells hand drums and the guy that works at the Arms and Armor sword booth near the joust field are there and kind of lead it.  Anyone else with a drum can just sit down and drum along. 

Poldugarian Warrior

Sounds good, maybe this weekend I'll show up with my bohdran or djembe.