News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

A request from the Bell Man (Cast In Bronze)

Started by Tammy, September 29, 2009, 12:02:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tammy

I'm subscribed to the Cast in Bronze email newsletter. I got this in my email today. I'm mailing my letter tomorrow. I just thought others would wanna help out a Ren performer.

If I didn't put this in the best spot...would someone move it??

Here's the email I got...

Dear Friends,                                                                                                                                               September 28, 2009

I need your help and I need it now!

Allow me to explain:

I am asking each and every one of you to do one small favor for me.  Please find a piece of paper and write the following sentence:

Dear Ms. Coleman:

I want to see "Cast in Bronze" perform "Carol of the Bells" on Oprah's Holiday Show.

(Then Sign your name)

Send it to:

The Oprah Winfrey Show
Attn:  Amy Coleman
Supervising Producer
Harpo Productions
110 N. Carpenter
Chicago, IL   60607-2146

I am asking you to send that one sentence to Amy Coleman and if you all do this, I may get on the show.  If you don't write the sentence and send it I will not get on.  It's really that simple.  This will not work if you think that your letter is not important.  This will only work if each and every one of you helps me by writing that one sentence and sending it.  If you want to get a few friends to write also, that would be even better.  But, please do this one favor for me.

Several times a year, every year, for the last 18 years I have written to the Oprah Winfrey Show.  And for 18 years every single letter has been ignored.  Every year for the last 18 years thousands of you ask me why "Cast in Bronze" has never appeared on television.  The answer is simple:  I am just one person, unknown to them and therefore unimportant.  They can only assume that I have nothing to offer if I don't have an army of fans supporting me.  Then I got excited when I realized that I do have an army of fans that support me, and more importantly, my mission to share the carillon with everyone.

Do you realize that "Cast in Bronze" may be only five minutes away from appearing on Oprah!  It will take you only five minutes to write that one sentence, and put it in the mail today!  I can't do this without you!  You are the only ones that can make this happen!  So, I am counting on all of you.

Try to imagine Amy Coleman, who reports directly to Oprah, explaining that she has received thousands of letters about an unknown act called "Cast in Bronze".  I hope that if you all do as I ask, that not even Oprah can ignore you and "Cast in Bronze" any longer.     

What do I want for Christmas?  I want each of you to write one sentence and send it to Amy Coleman.  That will make me happy.

Please...Please... Please... help me.

Thank you,

Frank DellaPenna
"The Spirit of the Bells"
Cast in Bronze
P.O. Box 281
St. Peters, PA 19470
Royal Protector of Raccoons, Mistress of the Poi, Best Friend of Windland/Nim, Guppy, Seamstress for The Feisty Lady.