News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Just a shot in the dark...

Started by Elkyn, May 17, 2008, 09:13:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elkyn

Was anyone here at the 5:30 Fool Hearty show on Saturday, May 17th (and took lots of photos).  My daughter (the little blonde in the green shirt) got picked to go up on stage and -wouldn't you know it- We forgot our camera that day.  The first time ANY of my family has ever gotten picked to go up onstage in an act and we forgot our freaking camera.  If anyone just happened to get a shot of her on stage (I know, a real shot in the dark) please get in contact, I'd love to have a copy.

Thanks

baron snail

Elkyn-----

In addition to this post, next weekend I suggest you approach Mark and Tara (Marquis and Ima Nutt) and ask them if anyone has brought them or shown them photos of that show.

'Tis but another shot in the dark it's true, but at least it's a shot in a slightly different direction....
If it ain't broke... don't fix it.

Elkyn

Well, a great suggestion indeed.  However there is but one snag- we won't be back out to the faire for the remainder of the run.  I fear though that images of that moment in time will be forever confined to memory only. :)

But your suggestion is an excellent one.  Thanks Baron. :)

baron snail

Elkyn ---

I will approach Mark and Tara as soon as I see them on Saturday on your behalf, with a description of the child, and reminder that it was the 5:30 show on Sat. the 17th.

Mayhap a shot in the dark shall fortunately strike a target...

Clarendon

Elkyn,
You might try visiting the more popular photo posting wed sites and running
a search on Fool Hearty or Marquise and Ima Nutte. This may be a long shot
but then again you may be pleasantly surprised. Good luck.

BTW I'll look in my photo shots, (2788 so far) of this years fair and see if
I may have caught that show on that day.
Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.

Elkyn

Quote from: baron snail on May 21, 2008, 05:47:50 PM
Elkyn ---

I will approach Mark and Tara as soon as I see them on Saturday on your behalf, with a description of the child, and reminder that it was the 5:30 show on Sat. the 17th.

Mayhap a shot in the dark shall fortunately strike a target...

M'Lord, you are truly a gentleman.

Just a note, we were not in garb this past weekend.  She's a little blonde girl (and I mean little, she's actually eight, but looks seven. Very petite. In fact she was so nervous about being onstage, she actually told them she was seven. LOL) and was wearing a green shirt with little hearts on the front.

Thank you so much for inquiring on my behalf.  It is greatly appreciated.  I did go online to see if they happened to have a website.  Didn't find anything.  Let me know if you hit paydirt!  :)

Elkyn

Quote from: Clarendon on May 21, 2008, 07:29:38 PM
Elkyn,
You might try visiting the more popular photo posting wed sites and running
a search on Fool Hearty or Marquise and Ima Nutte. This may be a long shot
but then again you may be pleasantly surprised. Good luck.

BTW I'll look in my photo shots, (2788 so far) of this years fair and see if
I may have caught that show on that day.

I may try that suggestion.  That's one of the better aspects of the internet.  We attended the opening day of Middlefaire a couple of years ago and promptly, after getting a few shots, lost our 'throw-away' camera we had brought.  I went to the yahoo group for MF and put out a notice on the lost camera.  The camera had been found! and within two weeks it was back in our hands. ;D  On top of that, I was able to search the net and actually found a few MiddleFaire pix from that day that we just happened to be in.  So, your suggestion is a good one which, when I get a chance, I'll likely try.  And- should you happen to find a shot of that show (see descriptions above), in your own collection, I'll buy you the drink of your choice next year!

Same offer goes to you Baron! ;D

Clarendon

Quote from: Elkyn on May 23, 2008, 11:41:19 AM

I may try that suggestion.  That's one of the better aspects of the internet.  We attended the opening day of Middlefaire a couple of years ago and promptly, after getting a few shots, lost our 'throw-away' camera we had brought.  I went to the yahoo group for MF and put out a notice on the lost camera.  The camera had been found! and within two weeks it was back in our hands. ;D  On top of that, I was able to search the net and actually found a few MiddleFaire pix from that day that we just happened to be in.  So, your suggestion is a good one which, when I get a chance, I'll likely try.  And- should you happen to find a shot of that show (see descriptions above), in your own collection, I'll buy you the drink of your choice next year!

Same offer goes to you Baron! ;D

I'll take you up on that provided I have that moment in time captured. Glad to here that you got your Camera back from MiddleFaire.
Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.

baron snail

Elkyn ---

My apologies.

I was not able to check with Foolhearty about a pic of your young'un.
I missed the entire last weekend due to a broke-down vehicle.
My truck went down on me on my way to Faire, and it will be Tuesday before I can get it to a shop to get it running again.

I hope someone else can score a pic for you...