News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Des Moines Renaissance Faire

Started by Lord Clisto of York, September 09, 2009, 12:34:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Clisto of York

Hail everyone,

I just finished putting up my Des Moines Renaissance Faire pictures from opening weekend this past weekend 9/5-6/09. Was it ever a great time once again working with these good friends of mine in the court as well as seeing everyone else at the faire. The weather was excellent in the low 80's. For anyone interested, just follow the link below. Then click on the Des Moines link once there.

This coming weekend I travel back to Des Moines for week 2 and with a new piece of garb. Hopefully it comes by Friday. There are also suppose to be a few other Bristol people showing up as well. It should be a wondrous weekend. Let's pray the weather stays just as good. So, if anyone is going to be there, just send me a message and let me know.

Have a super week,
Lord Clisto, Duke of York
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

Lord Clisto of York

Week 2

Hail my friends,

I just finished putting up week 2 of my Des Moines Renaissance Faire pictures from this past weekend 9/12-13/09. It was Royal Romance Weekend. It was another wonderful weekend, although a little more humid. We also had a few visitors from Bristol who had a fantastic time, as well as being able to be a little part of the court with us. Lord Marvin and Lady Judy graced us with a visit. Marv played my man at arms. They have expressed their thanks and will be returning again. So, for anyone interested, just follow the link below. Then click on the Des Moines link once there. Next, go to the bottom of the page  and click on the box for week 2.

http://www.sirclisto.com/51main.html

This coming weekend I travel back to Des Moines for week 3 and the final weekend. The theme is Buccaneer Pirates - Treasure & Pleasure. I hope it is another wondrous weekend. So, if anyone is going to be there, just send me a message and let me know.

Have a great week,

lady M

I enjoyed your pictures. Oh yeah, the group photo, what a good looking group of people. 
Thank you for sharing. 

Lady Rosalind

Wonderful pictures again, Sir Clisto! We are all quite excited for this weekend!

Lord Clisto of York

Lady Rosalind and Lady M thank you for the kind words on the pics. The last weekend has now come and gone.. I wish it was longer. I managed to get back home to the Milwaukee area about 2:30am. Anyway, the weather was fantastic and the people were very happy and playful. It is always fantastic when one can go do something they really like while working it. All the people are super and I will miss them until next season at some earlier events. The queen had a wonderful birthday and the restaurant had some really good prime rib afterwards. I do hope everyone else got back safe and sound.

I am just about finished with the last weekends pictures, so keep an eye out for my update here. Once again they came out pretty well. Have a great week everyone.

Lady R, be careful where you faint, dashing and Daring are right around the corner. LOL...

Lord Clisto of York

WEEK 3

Hail everyone,

I just finished putting up my Des Moines Renaissance Faire pictures for Week 3 the final weekend from 9/19-20/09. This weekend was the best of all with weather being wonderful with low humidity and high energy all around. The patrons were all having a super time and when asked off and on would say they were never treated so much like family or friends. Two of my friends from Bristol also decided to surprise me by coming on Saturday and said they actually felt like real "Guests". You cant get better compliments then that for a faire. Thanks for coming guys. It is also nice to be able to work in the court and be able to get out and about the general population of the village quite often. They really enjoyed the special attention. Everyone loves that. I have to say, it was a privelege once again, to work with so many talented actors and performers. And, all of you vendors also rock! Everyone always goes out of their way to give 110%. HUZZAH!! I can't wait until next time.

Now, for anyone interested, just follow the link below. Then click on the Des Moines link once there. Then, go to the bottom of the page and click on the Week 3 button.

http://www.sirclisto.com/51main.html

This coming weekend I finally have one weekend free to rest from performing, before I possibly travel to Indiana for the Fischers Faire on the 3rd/4th. Then its up to Northern Wisconsin to Gleenwood City for our new Wisconsin Renaissance Faire home site for a meeting on the 10th of Oct. Then its on to the Ohio Renaissance Faire on the 17/18 of Oct, and then to the Mid Michigan Renaissance Faire after that. Let's pray the weather stays just as good. So, if anyone is going to be at any of these, just send me a message and let me know.

Have a great week,

Lord Clisto of York

Hail all,

Got an e-mail tonight that two of my pictures made it into the Des Moines Register. They are two of the court members I took while I was performing there. WOOHOO!! Below is the link -

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2009909220320