News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Anyone Else's RenMail Acting Jumpy?

Started by Lady Nicolette, July 06, 2009, 07:37:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Nicolette

Lately when I get to a certain point in a renmail that I'm sending, it won't advance down to where I'm typing while I'm typing and sort of jumps up and down.  Maybe it's telling me I'm too wordy? ::)
"Into every rain a little life must fall." ~ Tom Rapp~Pearls Before Swine

DeadBishop

Can't say I've experienced this phenomenon.  Does this happen every time you compose a renmail?

R/F.com member since 2003

Lady Nicolette

Only when it reaches a certain point, has to be a fairly long one.  I'll let you know if it happens again.  I'll save the next longer one I write to determine around what point the jumping around starts.  It could be my computer, possibly, but this is the only place it happens.

Lady Renee Buchanan

Something different happens to me.  When I try to open the forum, the top banner, where it says "home, forum, faire directory," etc. isn't there.  There are all kinds of letters and things like this  { \  ]  >

What I have to do is hit the "Show unread posts since last visit," and then the top comes back.  Is anyone else having this problem?   It has been happening since the weekend, every time I open the forum.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

renfairephotog

When did the problem start? was it after the update on the 2nd?
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

Lady Nicolette

Lady Nicolette

I deliberately wrote a long one to our lovely Queen Bonnie this morning, it starts around line 25 down.

Lady Renee Buchanan

Quote from: renfairephotog on July 06, 2009, 11:29:21 PM

That's when I found it started happening.  It happened again this morning when I opened the site.  Couldn't get the top of the forum above the first threads to show up (including my picture & the unread posts, etc.) until I opened a thread in another tab.  It showed the top that usually shows up, then I hit the "unread posts," since that's where I go first.  But when I open the actual forum, none of that shows up.

By the way, I don't know if this makes any difference.  I have a Mac, and use Mozilla Firefox to get onto the internet.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Blue66669

I've found that this happens when I'm on my laptop at home, but not when I'm at work. But it seems to happen on almost every forum site that I post at when I'm on that computer. I think it may be either an OS thing or a laptop thing.
Blaidd Drwg

renfairephotog

Quote from: Lady Renee Buchanan on July 07, 2009, 11:44:53 AM
Quote from: renfairephotog on July 06, 2009, 11:29:21 PM

That's when I found it started happening.  It happened again this morning when I opened the site.  Couldn't get the top of the forum above the first threads to show up (including my picture & the unread posts, etc.) until I opened a thread in another tab.  It showed the top that usually shows up, then I hit the "unread posts," since that's where I go first.  But when I open the actual forum, none of that shows up.

By the way, I don't know if this makes any difference.  I have a Mac, and use Mozilla Firefox to get onto the internet.

I'm on Mac and Firefox. No problems here.
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

Emerald Shaunassey

I use desktop and laptop PCs both with Mozilla and thus far have not had any issues.
IWG #979, IFRP #569, RMG # 614, Bard # 171.
Creator, Owner, & Manager of Williams Entertainment: Home of The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, The Shanty Lasses, Native Souls, & Grand Lake Renaissance Festival.

Anna Iram

This is an older thread, but I am suddenly having the same problem Nicki was having, though mine is with posting in a thread. The page won't let me advance, or it does just a bit and when I begin to type the page jumps up so that I can't see what I am typing. This has just happened in the mods forum with my last post., a rather lengthy one.