News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Dates Announced for 2010 Season

Started by Sir Michael Geare, September 29, 2009, 04:52:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Michael Geare

The dates have been set for the 2010.  This will be the 48th Season of the Original Renaissance Faire.  Just two more years to go for the big 50th Celebration.  Previous dates posted on the website are wrong.  It has been changed to April 10-May 23rd.  Thankfully we will not be openning on Easter Weekend.
'The exercising of weapons puts away aches, griefs, and diseases, it
increases strength, and sharpens the wits.'

Carl Heinz

Hi, Ryan-

Glad to see I'm not the only RPFSer here.  :)
Carl Heinz
Guild of St Cuthbert

Sir Michael Geare

You're not.  It is just that most of them are pretty silent.  There are a few that I know of on this site.

Carl Heinz

Agree, but we're too silent.

I think it might be enlightening for folks in other parts of the country if we were more active.

I'm also trying to encourage folks to become participants.  It seems to me that the average age of participants, at least Cuthies, is increasing.  Granted, having multi-generation membership helps, but we need to be more inclusive and get folks interested in being participants.

There's a similar problem with the ageing of our crafts people.

If we want to keep our playpen, we need an infusion of new blood.
Carl Heinz
Guild of St Cuthbert

Kruzar

I  know that I am excited about the dates being out for this faire.  Last year was our first year to attend, and we ended up being at 3 of the weekends.  (Originally only planned on one weekend, and got hooked)

Looking forward to next year for sure. 
Gentleman Rogue

Carl Heinz

Wanna be a participant?? Nudge Nudge  :)

Cuthberts is family friendly, but you do have to work.
Carl Heinz
Guild of St Cuthbert

Kruzar

I might be interested in participating in a more formal fashion, and I think my girl will definetly be interested.  (She has more of a theatrical background than I do).

Is there some place where we can get more information?
Gentleman Rogue

Carl Heinz

Feel free to email me via the email icon next to my postings.
Carl Heinz
Guild of St Cuthbert

The Lady Mercedes

I am waaaaay looking forward to it! ;D Just told my friend last night I wish it was twice a year so I wouldn't roast in my green dress lol. Ah well, I can always wear my peasant outfit...
Why be mundane when you can be a Rennie?!

Carl Heinz

I'm usually in middle class wool the first couple of weekends and cotton/linen the remainder of the run.  Being an olde farte has the benefit of playing someone of indeterminate class while remaining comfortable.  No longer have to keep up with the nobs.
Carl Heinz
Guild of St Cuthbert

Baron Dacre

Quote from: The Honorable Lady Benton on October 19, 2009, 02:34:00 AM
I am waaaaay looking forward to it! ;D Just told my friend last night I wish it was twice a year so I wouldn't roast in my green dress lol. Ah well, I can always wear my peasant outfit...

Twice a year... I wouldn't have the energy! :-D

Plus most of us also work the Northern faire as well.

However, court just had auditions a couple of weeks ago. We gained some great people!  First rehearsal starts in a couple of weeks!

2010 looks to be a great faire year!
Gregory Fiennes
10th Baron Dacre of the South
(Baron Dacre)

The Lady Mercedes

That's perfectly understandable! I imagine you all must be exausted after a month of faire! I would so go to the one up north if I could...luckily it gives me an exuse to visit my friend who lives in SF lol.
Why be mundane when you can be a Rennie?!

Sir Michael Geare

I agreee with Davyes.  Like he said, most of us do other faires as well including Northern so twice a year is just way too much.  The upcoming season is going to be great.  Court does have some new and returning blood from what I hear.  As well as some of the other groups who are also gearing up for the new upcoming season.  Can't hardly wait....well...maybe for a little bit since the new outfit hasn't been finished yet.

Just think.  We are getting that much closer to the big 50th Anniversary Season.  That year will be a faire season well worth attending since plans and idea have been and are in the works. 

Baron Dacre

Quote from: Sir Michael Geare on October 29, 2009, 11:15:19 AM
The upcoming season is going to be great.  Court does have some new and returning blood from what I hear.  As well as some of the other groups who are also gearing up for the new upcoming season.  Can't hardly wait....well...maybe for a little bit since the new outfit hasn't been finished yet.

Just think.  We are getting that much closer to the big 50th Anniversary Season.  That year will be a faire season well worth attending since plans and idea have been and are in the works. 

ooo new costume!!!!

I'm holding off on mine one more year...
Gregory Fiennes
10th Baron Dacre of the South
(Baron Dacre)

Carl Heinz

If you're interested, I could introduce you to a couple of folks who do costumes.

Ryan-Judy says she thought she saw you at Harves Fair last weekend.  We'll probably be back this next Saturday in civies.
Carl Heinz
Guild of St Cuthbert