News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Weather Report for Opening Weekend

Started by Rhiannon, October 03, 2009, 03:14:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhiannon

I've been hearing/reading that it's calling for rain for opening weekend at the CRF. I was supposed to be there on that Sunday, the 11th. My situation is that I can only go one day a year. And I would much rather walk around in the cold than in the rain. Has anyone heard any updated weather reports for opening weekend?

Wandering Rogue

I just checked the Weather Channel web site, and for now they're saying partly cloudy and a high of 79 on Saturday, and a 60% chance of showers and a high of 76 on Sunday. Of course that could change over the next week.

No matter the weather, I'll be there happy and tromping along the paths with a cold ale in hand...   ;D
Ale cures what ails you
A full tankard is a happy tankard

Raibeart OShea

So...the weather on News14 says Saturday, High of 74 with a chance of showers, Low overnight of 57, Sunday showers ending with a high of 66.

But of course this is the same weather forcast as last weekend and it was BEAUTIFUL all weekend.  Let's hope it turns out that way again.  Weathermen are like doctors.  Notice that they call it a practice, not an exact science.
Latha math dhuibh.
Raibeart O'Shea
HomeFaire: CRF
Attended: NCRF 09, GARF 09, 10
Plans to attend: Them ALL.

Wildhighlander

As of now they are calling for showers and highs in the high 60's to low 70's
Married, Wildhighlandlass
Cruse Director, Clan O'Neal/Clan McCrack

Malkavian

I guess I'll have to bring a plastic bag to wrap my camera in...

Pharmar Greybeard & Maria

So far this year, We went to the Georgia ren faire, it poured, we had a great time.
We went to the New York ren faire, it poured, we had a great time.
We went to the Pennsylvania ren faire, it poured, we had a great time.
Are we going to make it 4 for 4 this weekend?

Joe & Maria

Wildhighlander

Quote from: Pharmar Joe & Maria on October 07, 2009, 03:42:51 PM
So far this year, We went to the Georgia ren faire, it poured, we had a great time.
We went to the New York ren faire, it poured, we had a great time.
We went to the Pennsylvania ren faire, it poured, we had a great time.
Are we going to make it 4 for 4 this weekend?

Joe & Maria

What were they pouring?  CRF's pubs do a lot of business!
Married, Wildhighlandlass
Cruse Director, Clan O'Neal/Clan McCrack

Alysea

We so far have a fifty/fifty chance of rain but its suppose to be in the upper seventies sat morning!
per Weather.com
Lady Alysea
Baroness of Delfinhal
Protector of Our Majesties Dolphins

mehan

NOAA's forcast got up to 60% rain likely  Thurs evening, this morning it is 30% and a chance.....

To paraphrase Pharmar Joe  - it doesn't matter,  "we'll have a great time".......

26 hours tick-tock.....