News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Countdown to Opening Cannon 2010

Started by Hector, October 04, 2009, 03:17:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hector

Good Count, no worries on the quiet.  We are just stockpiling energy for Gasparilla, H'town, and the return to Fiddles, Fittleswrong, Fittlerude, wherever.
-

Kate

Agreed.  SO many things on my calendar to prepare for BEFORE BARF!  Birthdays (McFukkers, mine(!), some others), weddings (The Goddess' and Duke's!), Gasparilla (YAY PIRATES) and the first birthday of my favorite pseudo-nephew.  I think I have something every.single.week before BARF begins.  And dealing with my step-dad still being in ICU makes me wonder what my faire schedule will actually be like this year.

*yawn* I can haz nap, plz?
Kate
Pink'n Penny

eloquentXI

Hurry up, Opening Day, hurry up! Cause the faster you get here, the faster I get on a plane to Tampa!  ;D
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

Anna Iram

Kate, I didn't know your step dad was in the hospital. I hope he's better soon.

Squire Mickey

Yes, Kate, still sending all the positive mojo I can your family's way!

But it is crazy all the stuff between now and BARF. Doesn't seem like a countdown as just a nice continuation of the next 6 weeks!/size]
Mickey Flint, Esquire
First Mate, The Harbinger
Landshark #107
IFRP #1473
Clan M'Crack P.E.T.
Captain, Ithilean Ran

Kate

Quote from: Anna Iram on January 11, 2010, 03:14:34 PM
Kate, I didn't know your step dad was in the hospital. I hope he's better soon.

Thank you, Anna and Mickey.  Without going into too much, he and my mom were in a car accident on 12/15 and he was flown to Bayfront where he has been in ICU ever since with lung injuries that have sinced turned to pneumonia and sepsis, causing us to find out about additional health problems he'd never mentioned (heart, diabetes, kidneys, etc.)  Fun stuff, huh?
Kate
Pink'n Penny

Jessi

Somewhere I read the words "tailgating and mimosa's". Where is that and what time do I need to arrive?
Jessi

"Normal is not as common as you think."

Seamus Ex Machina

Quote from: Jessi on January 12, 2010, 09:21:30 AM
Somewhere I read the words "tailgating and mimosa's". Where is that and what time do I need to arrive?

MIMOSAAAAAhhS!!!

Cannon is at ....what...11 or so? We'll be there around 9...or so...
Legendary Hellraiser

Squire Mickey

Quote from: Seamus Ex Machina on January 12, 2010, 06:30:58 PM
Quote from: Jessi on January 12, 2010, 09:21:30 AM

MIMOSAAAAAhhS!!!

Cannon is at ....what...11 or so? We'll be there around 9...or so...

well Captain, cannon is at 10:00. But I think 9:00 for arrival opening weekend sounds right to mine ears
Mickey Flint, Esquire
First Mate, The Harbinger
Landshark #107
IFRP #1473
Clan M'Crack P.E.T.
Captain, Ithilean Ran

Athena

A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

Count Adolfo

Cannon is at 10 am, Seamus.  Arrive at 11 and you'll miss it :p

Tailgate starts at 9 so I'll be there at... 8:30?

Much to plan still... much to plan
and just a month to do it

Kate

Agreed with 8:30 -9:00 AM arrival.  *IF* I can get the other half moving that early.  Otherwise he'll just have to meet me there because I'm not changing *MY* faire schedule for his slow butt!  :)

We SERIOUSLY need to get on someone about Season Pass Holder preferred parking.  Early arrival means parking on Fowler, practically.
Kate
Pink'n Penny

Anna Iram

I agree there should be some reversal of parking order. Fortunate for me as I always seem to arrive as the lot is filling and I get rock star parking, but unfair to those who arrive early and then have to hike in from the back fourty!

Kate

<--- has been guilty of saying she is dropping something off up front and parks closer.  :-P
Kate
Pink'n Penny

Ambrosine

I think a preffered parking pass would be awesome idea for us pass holders! I hate having to truck up to the front with the kids, and/or going back because we forgot something in the car!
Stitch Witch of the Harbinger