News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What Do You Dream of Having in your Campsite?

Started by Cilean, May 23, 2008, 07:20:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will Gamwell

HUUUZZZAAAHHHH!!!

My one wish came true for the year.  We found an awesome 4 season tent that is 9'L X 9'W and 6'6" in height.  I will have more than enough room for everything and then some!

Now I must come up with a new wish for this year....Hey!  Fest hasn't started yet, and I've 3 weeks to go. 

Sean

Lord Dragonspyre

I want:

1) Panther Primitives pavilion tent in Dragonspyre colors (black, purple, and silver)
2) an upright giant heater like they had at TRF's coffee shop over Closing weekend
Corrupting Impressionable Youths Since 1976.

IBRSC#1475, RMG#820, IFRP#1276
Horseman of Debauchery

dragongirl

Oh...I just thought of something else I dream of.  A strong, hansome man to unload and set everything up for me and both pack and unpack my car.  Especially since I have 2 days until I leave for Pennsic alone, again.  *sigh*
Lady Hermina Dolores De Pagan
Captain of the Tres Flores
Sailing with Ye Pyrate Brotherhood

Sir_Geoff De Shelton

Having done a study of various pavilion designs over the years, I have come to the conclusion that there are ways to have all the modern conveniences without having the modern junk to go with them.

First of all, please remember, hot air rises, and air in and of itself is a good insulator..... So, if one were to set up a pavilion similar in design to some of the roman gear (smart people them there romans) with an outer wall of a bleached canvas, then an inner wall four inches inside that, same with the roofs, the hot are will be partially insulated, and with vents in the top, the hot air will exit the tent out of the top, just like a chimney. 

Now, of course, having 25 slave wenches to make sure the air circulates by moving large fans, dancing etc would help keep the tent cooler.....

Next I think a large fire with a steer roasting on a spit and at least two barrels of wine and a couple of mead so that passers by may partake of the offerings of my camp.

Then, a bladesmith and blacksmith  in order to keep the mundane items in repair, shoes for the horses, armor, swords, daggers.

Finally a fletcher in order that a good supply of arrows and bows are available in case any unwanted interlopers try to interfere with the gathering.  You know the ones I mean, Politicians, Lawyers.........

savannahrobinson

Hey - I resemble that remark!

I'd have a diaphanous veil as a tent - like a parachute, decorated like the inside of a Turkish castle - ala Salahadein.

Speaking of which - does anyone know how the campsite fared in the storm? Trees make it?

Macintyre

i want one of those reall authentic looking tents like what they had wau back in the day of the actual ren era.

Manage'n M'Crack

Rani Zemirah

A troop of brau brawny kilted lads to do all the liftin', carryin', packin' & grillin', and a couple to massage this hateful kink outta me back...

(accepting volunteers now  ;D )
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Femme Falchion

By the Gods Rani.....I'm with you!   :) :) :)

(add a few lads to keep an eye on and play with the wee ones as well)
Domina Virago
Grand Mistress of the Order of the Hatchet
Mother Confessor
Sister of the Spring Fires

Rani Zemirah

Oh yes - and a hammock piled with fluffy pillows where I can recline and watch the ... view!

LOL
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Macintyre

Quote from: Rani Zemirah on September 30, 2008, 12:57:07 PM
A troop of brau brawny kilted lads to do all the liftin', carryin', packin' & grillin', and a couple to massage this hateful kink outta me back...

i've got some good strong hands i would love to lend to yee m'lady.   ;)

Rani Zemirah

Quote from: Macintyre on October 01, 2008, 02:44:41 PM
Quote from: Rani Zemirah on September 30, 2008, 12:57:07 PM

i've got some good strong hands i would love to lend to yee m'lady.   ;)

Careful, Macintyre, or I'll be takin' ye up on that offer. Who in their right mind would refuse to let someone else set up camp for them?  LOL
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Tanyor

Quote from: alyria stargazer on July 19, 2008, 01:57:32 AM
you guys seen Troy?...

I want want they did to the Kings Ship after they landed but I want a Pirate ship
complete with crows nest.
And central heat and A/C....
And a handful of Cabana Boys to set up and tear down for me...
and do the cooking and cleaning...
And I get the Captains Quarters!!!
I could go on and on and on and on....

Alyria

This is from burning man. 

RenaissanceInBlood

I just want friends in my campsite. I only have one though.

dragongirl

Well if you go to Pennisc this year, I'll be a friend.   8)
I was in your shoes last year as it was my first and I knew no one in my camp.  Now I have a group of piratey libertines that I associate with.
Lady Hermina Dolores De Pagan
Captain of the Tres Flores
Sailing with Ye Pyrate Brotherhood