News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What Do You Dream of Having in your Campsite?

Started by Cilean, May 23, 2008, 07:20:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinobabe

Quote from: Tammy on February 18, 2009, 05:59:07 PM
I think this would be cool to have in my campsite...

;D :o :o

The outlet mall near us used to have a huge bull smoker.  The horns were the smoke stacks and the "you-know-what" was the drip tube!  :o
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

brigaqueen1

My dream camp is taken straight from The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe movie...ok those red and gold tents are the BOMB! I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to go to sleep and wake up all comfy in a tent like this! This is my dream campsite lol....

*Stephanie*
I'd rather laugh with the sinners, then cry with the saints.

groomporter

When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

bellevivre

1) Panther Pavilion would be nice- a BIG one, decked out like teh inside of the Weasley's tent in GoF

2) a feast! a proper, renaissance feast with candles, etc- Ive tried to do one at TRF before but no one was interested...  :'(

I would love to do  a 'magic ground' area where everything is at least vaguely period, but being the only 'lapsed SCAdian' in my group makes that a bit difficult!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Belle the Kat

Clan Procrastination's Ambassador to the Seelie & UnSeelie Courts

RSLeask

... a room in an inn above the tavern.

And no last call.  >.>
What's a Grecian Urn?  Are we talking union, or non-union?

groomporter

A devoted "batman" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_(military) to keep the clothing clean, make tea and serve the gin & tonics
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

Riot

Quote from: brier patch charlie on May 27, 2008, 06:27:36 PM
I would like to have a camp wench! For cooking and other camp needs.

I think thats why Lady Jessica keeps me around ;)
"I'm sweet, innocent, virginal, and full of all things goodness and light"

Riot

Quote from: MacLaren on January 18, 2009, 06:17:06 AM
I've officially said screw tents. I'm gettins me a skool bus! Plenty of room and little setup. Just park it and partay!

You can even put a coffee table in there for your keys!
"I'm sweet, innocent, virginal, and full of all things goodness and light"

lady M

Quote from: bellevivre on June 15, 2009, 03:23:06 PM
2) a feast! a proper, renaissance feast with candles, etc- Ive tried to do one at TRF before but no one was interested...  :'(

I too wanted do a ren dinner with candles and music at TRF with family and friends but they're always in a hurry to eat so they can run off to see people. Leaving me alone.  I'm hoping that maybe this year it will happen.

Jinglebum

QuoteI too wanted do a ren dinner with candles and music at TRF with family and friends but they're always in a hurry to eat so they can run off to see people. Leaving me alone.  I'm hoping that maybe this year it will happen.

I say we make it happen! But... we must have a jester and a bard!! And steak pie! I insist on steak pie! :D LOL
Oh... Shiny!

bellevivre

there is talk among us Austin ladies about a feast at Sherwood... maybe if we arrange things HERE, people will actually show up?

And I'm sure we can manage some steak pie... I recall with much fondness the game pie I had in Scotland... *sigh*
Belle the Kat

DonaCatalina

My dream campsite would inslude a 10 foot brick barbecue grill;
2 levels of grill surfaces for cooking different meats
and with a built in iron smoke box for brisket.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Rani Zemirah

Chaupal tent for Faire vending...
Havelli tent for Faire camping...
Canopied collapsible camp bed with slats (ropes tend to sag)...
Collapsible camp table, chairs and garb rack...

Been researching these things for a while now... and trying not to drool all over my keyboard while I'm at it...
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

bellevivre

*drool* methinks the lack of pricing means i cant afford it, right?

OOOOH i want those tents!!!
Belle the Kat

Rani Zemirah

I know... LOL  I'm thinking they must send the prices in a sealed envelope... along with paramedics for when you collapse from the heart attack... 

The furniture actually looks like something I could build myself, though, since I have access to a full wood shop, including everything but a lathe...
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede