News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What Do You Dream of Having in your Campsite?

Started by Cilean, May 23, 2008, 07:20:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinglebum

Quotethere is talk among us Austin ladies about a feast at Sherwood... maybe if we arrange things HERE, people will actually show up?

You can count me in! Huzzah~
Oh... Shiny!

Poppy

Quote from: blue66669 on June 05, 2008, 02:22:42 PM
I want a camp COMPOUND!!! Complete with our own portable flushies, and a tent with AC where the ladies could rest and relax. Something decorated like the inside of a genie bottle...

Now I think that would be awesome....

Jaythebarbarian

Before I left for Afghanistan I designed an outdoor stripper pole setup for camping purposes. 
I Need to build and field-test that design one of these days.
"Barbarisms are but civilizations that are not one's own." -John Norman

Blue66669

Quote from: Jaythebarbarian on September 18, 2009, 08:53:44 PM
Before I left for Afghanistan I designed an outdoor stripper pole setup for camping purposes. 

DO IT!!! Then send it to me!!!
Blaidd Drwg

bellevivre

this is what I want for camp:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=11331875#ProductDet

Now, either it sold out again in a matter of minutes, or WalMart is smoking crack.

and somehow, I am leaning towards the latter!

ARGH!!! We had bought the Coleman Max Cabin, but it's a POS and broke in two places when we tried to set it up- as in, plastic important things cleaved under stress and cannot be repaired... so, we took it back and now we want THAT tent, but cant seem to find it when it's instock online!!!

GRRR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Belle the Kat

Clan Procrastination's Ambassador to the Seelie & UnSeelie Courts

Aiacha

Quote from: bellevivre on September 03, 2009, 09:51:09 AM
there is talk among us Austin ladies about a feast at Sherwood... maybe if we arrange things HERE, people will actually show up?

Bellevivre, we shoud talk.  I don't think I could pull anything together for this year, but we could easily pull something together for next.  PM me, or let me know when you'll be out at faire and we can find each other.

Dinobabe

Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

bellevivre

stupid work filter wont let me see Cabelas- what is it???
Belle the Kat

Aiacha

The Deluxe Camp Kitchen....(I hope you can see photobucket images)

bellevivre

ooh! yes, i HAVE this, and you will adore it!!! I cant cook in camp without it!!!

the next vital piece is the propane powered oven- not the kind like you set on the stove, but one that's it's own unit- they are hard to find, but SOOOO worth it!

mmmmm... campfire, monkeybread.... what else do you need?
Belle the Kat

lady M

Quote from: bellevivre on September 22, 2009, 09:54:46 AM
this is what I want for camp:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=11331875#ProductDet

Now, either it sold out again in a matter of minutes, or WalMart is smoking crack.

and somehow, I am leaning towards the latter!

ARGH!!! We had bought the Coleman Max Cabin, but it's a POS and broke in two places when we tried to set it up- as in, plastic important things cleaved under stress and cannot be repaired... so, we took it back and now we want THAT tent, but cant seem to find it when it's instock online!!!

GRRR

You might want to try this website    http://www.allthingsjeep.com/arp-j35002.html?SSAID=312231
they were to receive a new shipment sometime this month. Now it does cost a just little more.

lady M

dragongirl

Quote from: Aiacha on September 22, 2009, 10:36:25 AM
The Deluxe Camp Kitchen....(I hope you can see photobucket images)

I bought that for Pennisc camping this year and it was a life saver.  The only issue that we had was that we could not set up the sink because of no sump.
Lady Hermina Dolores De Pagan
Captain of the Tres Flores
Sailing with Ye Pyrate Brotherhood

cwconnertx

Quote from: Jaythebarbarian on September 18, 2009, 08:53:44 PM

I will be at TRF on Nov 13th and 14th with a "tarp support" intentionally designed to function
as a stripper pole. We'll see if we can get anyone using it. I am capable but I am hoping for better
looking participants.

The other item I really wanted was a hot tub. I have a vehicle that I was going to install a small one
in for camping trips but I couldn't get to it this year. Just too busy.

one out of two.