News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What Do You Dream of Having in your Campsite?

Started by Cilean, May 23, 2008, 07:20:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bellevivre

you know they now make inflatable hot tubs... just sayin'
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Belle the Kat

Clan Procrastination's Ambassador to the Seelie & UnSeelie Courts

cwconnertx

Quote from: bellevivre on November 10, 2009, 10:22:19 AM
you know they now make inflatable hot tubs... just sayin'
I know but at the Texas Ren fest ther is no water, so I need the heavy duty vehicle to bring in the water to fill it.
My honda won't carry several hundred gallons of water, but the truck I am refitting will, next year the hot tub!

Keno

I want a gypsy wagon..  One that is big and made from rich wood, hidden spaces for my cooking gear, lovely rugs, blankets, pillows.  It will have glass stain circle windows near the door, a small closet for the girls dresses that need to be hanged, drawers for small pieces of clothes.  I have been designing this and I will be making this when I save enough money.  I am already working on my cooking supplies, I got my first cast iron skillet today and in a month will be getting two more.  I'm looking into off ground fire pit so people will stop trying to do that dumb dance.... 

I also want a stripper pole but I have young ones in my group...  And I have to be the responsible one there.. 

Everyone that helping me with this want a large flat screen tv..  I say they an put a generator in they can have it.
This years travels 2013

Performing
Travelers Cross Faire in Strang, Oklahoma

Vending
Iowa Renaissance Festival in Amana Colonies, Iowa
Iowa-Minnesota Pirate Festival in Clear Lake, Iowa
Des Moines Renaissance Faire in Des Moines, iowa

Cilean

Hey you all ever hear of a Vardo,

CHeck out this ladie's home away from home!
www.enslin.com/rae/gypsy/wagonquestions.html

If you look at the bottom it will show you all of the people who have made Vardos!

Cilean

Lady Cilean Stirling
"Looking Good is not an Option, It is a Necessity"
My Motto? Never Pay Retail

Rani Zemirah

Oh yes... and there is a link there somewhere that shows them making their two Vardos, step by step!  I love that site, and I hope someday to build one very similar to the "pop-up" they built! 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

April Marie

Quote from: Rani Zemirah on September 03, 2009, 12:12:51 PM
Chaupal tent for Faire vending...
Havelli tent for Faire camping...
Canopied collapsible camp bed with slats (ropes tend to sag)...
Collapsible camp table, chairs and garb rack...

Been researching these things for a while now... and trying not to drool all over my keyboard while I'm at it...

OMG, the tents are gorgeous.  Yeah I am thinking that they must be super expensive since they dont tell you the price on the website!

NefariousDrO

I've always dreamed of making a highly decorated tent in the style of a Mayan Temple. The work involved is scary to contemplate, but boy would it be something to see!

Aiacha

After seeing some yurts made by some friends of mine at Pennsic, John and I have decided that there is a 15 foot yurt in our future.  Not this year at TRF, but the ultimate aim is next year.

The Rabbi

Anyone interested in Vardos construction please feel free to contact me and I will gladly share what I know. I have built two in the past and will be constructing more as soon as the weather cools down as I am not overly fond of heat stroke.
My sanity is not lost I sent it away
Proud member of FOKTOP

Rani Zemirah

I'd be happy to take you up on that offer, Rabbi... if I can ever afford the materials!  And, uhhh... another vehicle to pull it with, of course. 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

DonaCatalina

If we won a big lottery we would like to get some space a Sherwood in the patron's campground and make a two-story covered outdoor cooking area. The upper floor we would reserve for our own sleeping space; but the ground floor cooking area would be open to other people camping.
I'm imagining a stone fireplace with an oven, grilling spots and a place for hanging pots.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

The Rabbi

Rani need to learn to go industrial dumpster diving my biggest expense will be the screws and I bought a frame sight unseen for $100.00 big mistake should have waited but I can make it work. Donna I want to camp with you when you win the lottery I love that concept.
Proud member of FOKTOP

Rani Zemirah

Rabbi... if I still had a van it wouldn't be a problem.  I use Freecycle as often as I am able, and I have no problem asking a construction foreman if I can raid his scrap pile...  ;D

But I still don't have access to the tools I would need, either...
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

groomporter

When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

The Rabbi

Wheres the Barmaid? Looks like everything else is covered.
Proud member of FOKTOP