News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

The Best Restaurants in Kansas City are in Canterbury

Started by kcdcchef, October 07, 2009, 11:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brother Gregory

Does anyone lmow if any of the booths in Canterbury serve mead? I would love to try some and I get to only about two faires a year and the biggest one is Kansas City.

insidiousraven

it's on the food list, but I can honestly say I've never had it.

Butch

Brother Gregory, they serve Chaucer's mead; it is around $7 a serving.  It seems odd to me that they do not serve Pirtle mead, as it is made just a few miles from the faire site, in Weston, MO.  I actually prefer Pirtle to Chaucers (BUT, I prefer Oliver's to Pirtle!)

Good luck!  I hope to see you in the lanes of Canterbury this Autumn.

Butch

UPDATE:  They now serve Pirtle mead for $7 a serving!  I bought some at faire today.

kcdcchef

Quote from: Butch on September 04, 2010, 09:15:23 PM
UPDATE:  They now serve Pirtle mead for $7 a serving!  I bought some at faire today.

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pirtle's is the best Midwestern wine hands down, no question!!!!

Eldorian

Where can you buy the Pirtle mead?

Also where can you get scottish eggs?

Was there Saturday and Monday this weekend and will be back Saturday next weekend (have a season pass). Trying to broaden my horizons and try some new stuff I haven't had yet since the entertainment really isn't up to par as it used to be just a few years ago (in my opinion).

Butch

In Cotswold Commons, right next to Prunella's Bait Shop is where you get the mead.  The Scotch Eggs are right across the Commons, at the other side.