News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Kilts and cheezy TV

Started by mehan, October 08, 2009, 05:20:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mehan

Been watching the mid '90s TV show Sliders in the morning during treadmill time - basically the premise is they slide into an alternate universe each show - same san francisco, same time period just a different reality.  Today's show they slide into a world where the cops all wear kilts.  Pretty funny street cops wearing black (way too short) utilikilts, and almost transparant black knee socks, running around playing shoot em up with machine guns..

What had me almost falling off my treadmill was the observation made late in the show - since in this dimension, J. Edgar Hoover became president in the mid '50s and came out of the closet as a cross-dresser, the cops weren't wearing kilts they were wearing skirts!

Sorry, just cracked me up - almost as funny as the woman at the library covering her 11-12 year old boys eyes when hubby showed up in his tie dye kilt.   

Tim T

Quote from: mehan on October 08, 2009, 05:20:23 AM
...almost as funny as the woman at the library covering her 11-12 year old boys eyes when hubby showed up in his tie dye kilt.   

I love that Kilt!
Tim
aka Dark'n M'Crack of Clan M'Crack/Clan White