News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

My First trip to PARF

Started by Alaric, October 08, 2009, 11:34:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alaric

The Wife and i made our first visit to PARF  last weekend (Oct 3&4). We have been attending the Pittsburgh faire for several years and thought we would enjoy it.

The good!

Landscaping and Grounds were great. Very clean as well.
Everyone was so nice.
Drunken Chicken
Swashbuckler IPA :D
All of the acts were pretty good

The not so good:

It was a bit pricey. (admission and vendors) I saw several items for quite a bit more than you could buy them for on the internet (with shipping included). I don't know how much merchant space is and I understand that people need to make a profit but quite a few items (especially swords) had really high markups. ($42 wholesale selling for $120+) tho it didn't seem to hurt their sales much :D

Philly cheese steak (didn't  really care for it but the pierogies I got there were really good)

My camera Battery died and i forgot my charger (turns out my battery had finally died and wouldn't recharge anyway...)

The Funny

The guy at the bead store with the "You Want Beads" expandable sign
People asking me for directions (Since I was in Garb I guess). I had to sheepishly tell several it was my first time there and I wasn't sure where what they were looking for was located... :P
the ratcatcher - actually a lot of the characters running around were very entertaining.

We had a really good time and will be going again next year.