News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Looking for The Lady that was selling flowers and Cigars

Started by loxley, October 11, 2009, 09:12:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

loxley

Hello.

I attended the PRF twice this year, once as a mundane once as a playtron and had a great time.  On the Saturday of closing weekend, a sweet middle aged woman with an excellent persona sat and talked with my party for quite a while.  She was selling flowers and cigars.  She explained to me that she wrote a book on life at Renaissance faires and that is was available on Amazon.  My brain was being squeezed by the grog at the moment and I don't remember her name or the name of the book.  Can anybody help me?

Thanks in advance.

anne of oaktower

The wonderful woman to whom you are referring is Tony...her full name is Kimberly Tony Korol-Evans.  Her book is titled Renaissance Festivals: Merrying the Past and Present, and I believe it can be found on Amazon.com.  She truly is a fascinating individual, isn't she?
aka: Oak-hearted Annie / Anne of Oak Barrel / Barefoot Annie

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

loxley

Many thanks Anne!  I found the book on Amazon!  You are right Tony is fascinating.  

Really, that is the best part of attending Renaissance fests, meeting new and interesting people, meeting people that rise above the humdrum and the norm.

Thanks again Anne!

Mistress Charlotte

I fell in love with her.  She is soooo interesting.  She received her Phd for that book!
Cause, "Cake or death?" That's a pretty easy question.
Anyone could answer that.
"Cake or death?"
"Eh, cake please."