News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Last photos of the season

Started by Xanthenes The Unbalanced, October 10, 2009, 11:41:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xanthenes The Unbalanced

Finally got around to finishing up what I think is everything remotely worth putting in my '09 set. 

Full set can be found at:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/21849679@N06/sets/72157622010876021/

(This space for rent)

Xanthenes The Unbalanced

(This space for rent)

Xanthenes The Unbalanced

(This space for rent)

Jon Foster

Aye, I must have missed this post. Nice shots! How did you like Ray's Birds of Prey show? I know it's not a joust but I seem to enjoy watching him work his birds more than any other performance at the faire. Dunno why...

Jon.

Xanthenes The Unbalanced

Quote from: Jon Foster on October 12, 2009, 07:04:18 PM
Aye, I must have missed this post. Nice shots! How did you like Ray's Birds of Prey show? I know it's not a joust but I seem to enjoy watching him work his birds more than any other performance at the faire. Dunno why...

Jon.

I love that show!   And I'm so ticked because I missed the owl EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.  I always managed to wander over halfway through Ray's show.  He's phenomenal.  Puts on a heck of a show, knows his birds, and makes the history of falconry exceptionally interesting.

//And I'm still a bit jealous of your "in flight" capture.   :)
(This space for rent)

Eric of Lyon

Ray told me he only lets the owl out at the morning show because he/she is temperamental.
Fare thee Well.
-Eric of Lyon

Madge Estes

Live so your dreams recognize you.

Xanthenes The Unbalanced

Quote from: Madge Estes on October 13, 2009, 10:14:45 AM
Beautiful pics Xanthenes!!

Thank you, m'lady.  It is with no small amount of honesty* that I say that some of my absolute favorite shots this year were of thee.

*  The flu always makes me more honest.  And sick.

/My wife assures me that, as yet, I haven't sprouted a curly tail, so I believe this to be garden variety flu, as opposed to swine flu.

//That's a lot of commas.
(This space for rent)

gypsyqueenie

Absolutely wonderful photos my friend. Get better soon
Admiral Morgan Ramirez MD
Pirate Lord of Lake Huron
Brethren of the Great Lakes Inc
Michigan Pirate Festival
etc

Jon Foster

Quote from: Xanthenes The Unbalanced on October 13, 2009, 10:45:52 AM

/My wife assures me that, as yet, I haven't sprouted a curly tail, so I believe this to be garden variety flu, as opposed to swine flu.

Are you still sick?

Jon.

Xanthenes The Unbalanced

Quote from: Jon Foster on October 13, 2009, 01:34:38 PM
Quote from: Xanthenes The Unbalanced on October 13, 2009, 10:45:52 AM

Are you still sick?

Jon.

Whatever this is, I picked it up Sunday.  I'm becoming some sort of viral incubator of late.  And there could not have been a single worse week of the year to get sick.  I am absolutely slammed at work.
(This space for rent)