News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Texas Renaissance Festival 2009

Started by valt, October 13, 2009, 07:11:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

valt

Melkar

TRF opening Sunday gallery at:
  http://vstrick.smugmug.com/RenFaires/TRF2009/TRF091011/9957090_oXfWA/1/680100122_PJf4n
(Yep, gotta figure out simpler link system.)

It was rainy, drizzly, muddy, but great weather to be with friends! ;D

Chllin' w/the executioner...

Lady in the Spanish Court...

Gypsy Dance Theatre
BCNU,
  Melkar

valt

Very nice Melkar.  Outstanding as always.

Clarendon

Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.

bellevivre

Here are mine, the 39 best of the 1000 or so I took- still going to re evaluate many of them, but please do let me know what you think!

http://fairetofestival.blogspot.com/2009/10/texas-renaissance-festival-opening.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Belle the Kat

Clan Procrastination's Ambassador to the Seelie & UnSeelie Courts

Reaper

Great shots all! Weather permitting I'm brining out the camera this weekend. It was so depressing to not be able to take pics this last weekend.  :'(
Reaper the Grimm / Trool the Troll
IBRSC #1150 / Ren Merc #858
Clan McLotofus
Enforcer/Sentinel

Luna

valt

Luna, every little bit is appreciated :)

Here is my collection from Saturday of the second weekend:

Saturday - 2nd Weekend - 1001 Dreams

theshyfox

Haha!  lurker no more! thanks for the picture of me in my fairy wings volt! I love it... I think you were probably the only one who had a picture of me last year, that I could find anyways. I had like... 50 photos taken this past weekend but so far, yet again yours is the only one I can find! I love the photography side... but why did I have to make that goofy face? Gah!

Anyways, good photos guys! Look forward to seeing more of what you guys capture!
Look at life through the camera lens... -Me
Oh... and the name is Loli!

GrannyB

This is my first attempt to share pistures or post.  these are my adorable grandfaeries taken on the 2nd weekend Saturday 10/17/09

http://picasaweb.google.com/BDEAN07/TexasRenfest09#

hope this works!

Granny

knarlyknot

Aw, your grandfaeries are precious!! Thank you for sharing and welcome to the forums!

GrannyB

I love the forum!  I'm a long time Renfest freak and have just introduced the TRF to my granddarlings last year.  this year they were all into their faerie roles and had a blast.  they are already working on what to dress as next year.  I found the forum by accident because I have been searching the internet for something that maybe you all could help me with. 

When we walked thru the gates Saturday morning their were photographers all over my girls.  They had very expensive looking equipment so I think it would be safe to say they are professional photographers.  In the hoopdalah of getting scavenger hunt instructions and keeping thos three wild faeries from escaping I forgot to ask the photographer for a card...

The two I remember particulary looked like they might be Asian.  A very tiny and pretty dark haired lady all dressed in black and a gentleman seemed to be together he had a tripod and she was carring a camera with a giant lens.  We saw them two more times.  In Sherwood forest the lady was again snapping photos of my youngest.

My question is do you know how I might find this photographer so I can purchase some photos?  I contacted the Renfest officials in hopes that maybe the photographers had left cards in case of inquires, but to no avail.
They said that their photographers were out there Saturday, but didn't have anyone on their crew who resembled my discription of the photographers

I really want to buy some pictures because as you could see from my album I didn't get many really good shots.  It is hard to keep faeries together and shoot their pictures at the same time! 

Any ideas or clues on where to look would be greatly appreciated!

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Scavange the net. Do Google Searches. Check www.pbase.com as many photos use it. But in a nut shell search. While I don't go to TRF (would love to someday) hopefully someone knows the two photographers you are talking about. I know at CoRF there are many "Pro" photographers. Don't let the camera fool you that they are pro. And while I have seen my share of "Pro" Photographers at my faire, Nelson Chen is the only one any one knows. Well they all know me as well but I'm no Pro and I give out my business card to those I take shots of so they can track me and the photo down latter.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

NoBill Lurker

I must say GrannyB, that this picture really stands out!

So what are you doing this weekend?
I'm going to BARF!!!
You're going to...wait...WHAT???

valt

GrannyB, not sure who the asian gentleman might be, but the lady and her gentleman might Kim and Dana, members of this forum.  Dana is Stalkwell on the forum.  Might private message him to see if that was them.

As for what you might consider pros, can't really tell for sure.  I carry around what would be considered a pro lens, but consider myself an amateur photographer.  I just spent way too much money on the hobby :)  Unfortunately I was not one of the few taking your little ones' pictures so can't help with any prints.  Good luck in your search.